Native Instruments new products coming at Musikmesse

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

According to Gary Garritan : http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=51291

"Native Instruments mentioned they are saving their big announcements for Musikmesse."

You can start speculating :lol:...

I say Kore hardware next gen is a distinct possiblity. Hence the push now to move existing product.

IR Reverb or some other sort of reverb.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Kontakt 3... I have a feeling there will be K3 at Musikmesse 2007. It was left out compared to all other plugins, and they wouldn't have done cheap ass prices last year just out of the ordinary.

Maybe even Guitar Rig and/or Reaktor.

But... I'll see it off hand in a couple of months, though the NI booth was always overcrowded, heh.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The old stuff will be updated as well

Pro 53 to Pro 54 (with maybe an extra VS mode like the Arturia one)
Spectral Delay will get an update or be replaced altogether as it is veeerryyy old

PRO-54!!!!

I don't think Kontakt 3 is due to come out. They're not even on version 2.3 yet (remember, K1 was at least up to 1.5). Plus it has only been recently that companies have upgraded their products to the Kontakt 2 player. Now they're going to have to upgrade to K3? Unlikely.

I think likely possibilities are a Pro-53 update, an effects update (or a new effects unit - probably something for guitarists), something hardware related (a controller, perhaps), or possibly a spinoff product (eg. a cut down version of another one).
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

taking one of their current products and adding +1 to the version number isnt a big announcement.

If it truly is big, ie if "big" isn't just the usual hot air and corp. spin, they will announce a FL/storm/reason/proj5 crusher. Think guitar rig but with lite versions of all their vst instruments

[Castafiore] wrote:taking one of their current products and adding +1 to the version number isnt a big announcement.
...yeah, I felt Absynth 4 or FM8 weren't a big step forward either...

:dog:

What about a new host? They got some experience in hosting VST plugs with Kore and Steingberg stole that thunder with Media Bay. Maybe they are going to introduce a whole new sequencer?

If they update old plugs, I'm betting Pro-53, Spektral Delay, and Vokator. Those are the oldest plugins now.
Core i9-7940X | Asus Prime X299-A | 64GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung 950 Pro 2TB Sys, 860 Evo 4TB Data | Steinberg UR824 & CC121 | Virus TI Desktop | Roli Seabord Rise 2 | Nektar Panorama P6 | Nektar Aura | Roland VG-99 | Win10 Pro x64 | Cubase Pro 12

I doubt NI would make a host. Look at the competition. No matter how you spin it, Cubase, Sonar, Digital Performer, Logic, and Pro Tools are all successful and popular platforms. Then you have a good deal of other smaller, but growing platforms like Tracktion, FLStudio, Garageband, Live, etc. Now also consider the massive process of making your host compatible with different systems. Why bother? There's basically no room left to innovate.

...I think Zircon's right. NI hadn't considered sequencers as their domain (that's why Ableton was founded) and should continue so. At some point it would make sense to incorporate some sequencer features into Kore (midi, not audio), but I can't imagine this will happen anytime soon...

loachm wrote:
[Castafiore] wrote:taking one of their current products and adding +1 to the version number isnt a big announcement.
...yeah, I felt Absynth 4 or FM8 weren't a big step forward either...

:dog:
big steps forward for little plugs don't amount to "big" announcements. K? They're plugs. They're little parasites growing on big trees. A new Ford model is a big announcement. An update of the car radio in a Ford isnt. No press conference for you, little radio, sorry.

A completely new plug or a new product of some other kind might qualify though.

FM8 isn't even a version number. FM7 was derived from DX7, they made a new version oops what do we call it FM7-2? No wait, let's call it FM8 just for the heck of it.

And yes, Absynth 4 wasn't a big step forward so at least you got one thing right. :dog:
Last edited by [Castafiore] on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[Castafiore] wrote:And yes, Absynth 4 wasn't a big step forward so at least you one something right. :dog:
...always glad when I can convince people :razz:

:D

Audioflux1 wrote:What about a new host? They got some experience in hosting VST plugs with Kore and Steingberg stole that thunder with Media Bay. Maybe they are going to introduce a whole new sequencer?

If they update old plugs, I'm betting Pro-53, Spektral Delay, and Vokator. Those are the oldest plugins now.
Reaktor 6 and some new FX (maybe building on Vokator/Spektral Delay or something new)

zircon wrote:I don't think Kontakt 3 is due to come out. They're not even on version 2.3 yet (remember, K1 was at least up to 1.5). Plus it has only been recently that companies have upgraded their products to the Kontakt 2 player. Now they're going to have to upgrade to K3? Unlikely.
I think a bit different on this issue. Why does a program have to be upgraded to V2.5 at least to adjust an update to V3? I mean... NI is a German firm as is Steinberg. Okay they sure aren't the same (else people would go riot), but that didn't hold peole off to create a new version anyway. And how long is K2 on the market now? 2 years? I remember certain firms says to me at several fairs "after two years, we should finally update".

Furthermore... the first K1 players that were used "through and through" were at the time K2 came out. So this doesn't mean anything. ;)
zircon wrote:I think likely possibilities are a Pro-53 update, an effects update (or a new effects unit - probably something for guitarists), something hardware related (a controller, perhaps), or possibly a spinoff product (eg. a cut down version of another one).
Well they still have the KORE, maybe the next step would be something for Reaktor? However I'm fairly confident that there will be at least one FX module upgrade.

But as I said before... I'll see it as I travel to Frankfurt end of March.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Instruments”