Small Studio Monitors=-Any Recommendations?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the thread title says, Small Studio Monitors=-Any Recommendations?

I am looking at something quite small in the vein of Yamaha MSP3, small Alesis ones (can't remember the model number), Genelec 8020a, etc...
Something small, doesn't take up a lot of space, not too heavy to lug around and sound very good.

I already have Mackie 824, but I would like a secondary pair for my second "studio" based around my laptop. Plus they would be useful to compare mixes with my Mackies. Quality though is important.

Thanks for your input.

Atomic Marshmallow wrote:As the thread title says, Small Studio Monitors=-Any Recommendations?

I am looking at something quite small in the vein of Yamaha MSP3, small Alesis ones (can't remember the model number), Genelec 8020a, etc...
Something small, doesn't take up a lot of space, not too heavy to lug around and sound very good.

I already have Mackie 824, but I would like a secondary pair for my second "studio" based around my laptop. Plus they would be useful to compare mixes with my Mackies. Quality though is important.

Thanks for your input.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=105338
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

genelec 8020 :)

The KRK Rockits are amazing, very accurate, with exceptional bass response for a small box. However if you like your 828's you probably won't like the Rockits, the low end is not hyped and boomy like the 828's with their passive/active woofer technology. Glad someone likes them, I personally wouldn't take the gift of a pair. No offense intended, but have you ever actually listened to the low end, and the difference between the 2 woofers? Drove me nuts!!!!! I used them in some very nicely tuned rooms, and I still couldn't get them to translate for shit.

Anyway, like I said, no offense intended, glad they are working for you.

Yamaha HS50

I have KRK RP5s and I LOVE them
There are only 12 notes, after all...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”