Technotoys SEQ 303 now freeware

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure if this has already been posted, it may be of interest to someone.

http://www.technotoys.com/executables/t ... -omega.exe

No reg key needed, but no suppoort either.

'EDIT'
I haven't installed/tried it myself yet, I just saw the link posted@CM forum.
spaceman wrote:it definitely real.. saw it on other sites as well
Yep, just installed and it is the 'real thing'
Last edited by Ian B on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

it definitely real.. saw it on other sites as well
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

The installer states it's a 30 trial. :shrug:
"Is it me or does the Roctave stuff seem like a rip off of the Babya stuff?" - Liquidclear

satchnut wrote:The installer states it's a 30 trial. :shrug:
Hmmm, it didn't here, unless I missed it :?
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

When intalling the license agreement which is on the second page of the installer it states :
Usage
You may use this software for a trial period of thirty days, at no cost to you, to determine if it meets your needs. If you wish to continue to use this software after the trial period, you are expected to register it and pay the applicable registration fee.

From the original CM thread http://forum.midiaddict.com/viewtopic.p ... quote]From the author:

Quote:
The program is available for free at
http://www.technotoys.com/executables/t ... -omega.exe
This version does not require a registration key. [/quote]

I'm not sure how scientific this 'test' was, but I've just altered the date on my 'puter to May 25 2007 and Technotoys still runs ok.

maybe the author forgot to change the license agreement, although I'm sure the Technotoys stuff used to come as seperate installers.It seems a bit strange to compile all the programs in one installer and then not change the agreement.

I don't remember this becoming free but then... Originally this release allowed everyone who bought one program to get the lot- this really is a whole package of great standalone gear.

If it's really free I expect it won't object to being installed with one of those date confusing installer programs. For free releases ONLY of course :)

From news page of technotoys site :

news
8/31/02: A letter to all Techno Toys customers from Jim Johnson:

I am sorry to announce the end of the Techno Toys line of products. The Techno Toys project has become increasingly costly to me, and the time has come to shut the operation down.

If you're a registered user, you should have received an email explaining how to download the final version. If not, contact me and I'll send you the instructions. Please include your registration info in your request. Please note that the download is only available to registered users!

Special note for Tech TV viewers: XG-909 is no longer available for registration. If you do not own a registered copy, I'm sorry, but I cannot provide one; please don't ask. The Tech TV spot was created and scheduled without any input from me; I am not responsible for it.

Thanks to everyone who has shared music made with my programs over the years. Nothing gives me a buzz like listening to music that I helped create, even indirectly. Also thanks for the kind emails and other contacts. That's what made it all worthwhile.

Jim

sweet! thanks for the heads up.
(had to enable 98 compatibility mode to get it working.)

thanks for the heads up.. the arp will be very useful to me :)

this seems to be no plugin at all??
why the misleading post here??
any enlightment, please?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

This is not a plugin, it is nostalgia.

no.. these are standalone.. I'm using them in my sequencer/synths by using Maple (Virtual Midi Ports) to map midi notes from my keyboard into the Arp-X8 (for instance) then telling the Arp to talk to my sequencer/synths..

ahh, ok, thanks for the info ...
maybe you should consider to replace this thread to "everything else", since it's wrong here ...
just a suggestion, i'm no mod ... ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”