Steinberg Midex 3/Midex 8 discontinued

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steinberg is not planning on releasing any further updates to the drivers for these MIDI interfaces which were withdrawn from sale in 2003. Steinberg is discontinuing driver support for this product, effective immediately. We apologize for this decision and for the long time you had to wait for a final answer!

Crap....does anyone know will midex work with Vista ?

Tryin Sonar 6 these days :hihi:

it's discontinued since many years already.. no news!
and yes i've midex 8 working in vista 32bit (there are no 64bit drivers for windows vista/xp)

I found the midex 8 and 3 to have the worst midi timing out of nearly all the interfaces I've tried. Ironic that Steinberg say it has the tightet midi timing, 13 ms jitter sometimes!

i bought Midex 3 (glad i didn't get the even-then overpriced 8 version) on the back of LTB. What a load of bollocks. Model-E, The Grand, VST 5.1, SX3 - just check the history of updates. Promised final version for 5.2 and SX3.2, VSTis hardy ever updated (usually one minor update). Midex drivers - one minor update i think.

It's taken three years for them to admit they're not supporting a product they never supported from the off.

You really are taking the piss blind aren't you Steiny?

Not another penny to you - and i'm a legit user from Pro24. Thanks for the loyalty, f**kers.

Looks like i'll be getting another MIDI interface along with my new host (probably Samplitude).

Keep the statements coming Steiny, it's getting to be like a soap opera.

Sam@Megablastic wrote:I found the midex 8 and 3 to have the worst midi timing out of nearly all the interfaces I've tried. Ironic that Steinberg say it has the tightet midi timing, 13 ms jitter sometimes!
not for me , on my system it's working pretty tight , I got a Midex 8 , sucks it's not gonna be updated...but i'm thinking to get rit of this midi-interface anyway and just go with my mLAN/FW setup.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”