LUNA PreRelease 8.3

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

LUNA PreRelease 8.3 has been released featuring these changes since the PR 8.2 preview:

* New: Support for Tempo Changes
* New: Tempo Slider

* Tuned: Plugin lists are now better sorted (case-insensitive)
* Tuned: When exporting a midi file without an extention, a proper ".mid" extention is added
* Tuned: Setting the Play Position can be set as exact as you want, not only on beat boundaries anymore
* Tuned: When launching the external audio editor, LUNA is automatically stopped, and so all audio files are released
* Tuned: If no audio device available when going to the audio setup, LUNA now friendly says "No Audio Devices Found!"

* Fixed: Using an external audio editor didn't work when you just had added the audio file to the session
* Fixed: Crash protection against vst plugins with an extreme io configuration

===================
About Tempo Changes
===================

1) Right-click (OSX: control-click) the Tempo field in the Transport Panel, and there you got 3 options:

-> Insert Tempo Change
-> Edit Tempo Changes
-> Show Tempo Slider

And they do what they say :)

2) Right-click (OSX: control-click) the Time Bar in the Composer for its context menu.

These options are new:

-> Insert Tempo Change
-> Edit Tempo Changes

Cfr above.

The full LUNA audio engine has been updated so to take any Tempo Changes into account.

=========================================================
About the external audio editing (Windows only (for now))
=========================================================

* To choose your audio editor: Edit menu -> Preferences -> Choose Audio Editor
* To use your audio editor: open the audio file in the audio lab, then right-click, choose "Edit In ..." (the name of your editor will be there).

External audio editing has been succesfully tested with

-> Audacity 1.3.2
-> Audition 1.5
-> Wavosaur 1.0.0.7000
-> Sound Forge Audio Studio 8.0

==================
Updating Your LUNA
==================

LUNA Unlimited Users already received an email with the update info.

LUNA FREE Users can get their new LUNA FREE on http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

Unzip the package to a new folder on your harddisk.

If you want, you can then copy your current LUNA Settings files (Luna/Settings subfolder) to the new LUNA/Settings subfolder.

This way, you can start right away with your current settings.

Enjoy!
Last edited by muzycian on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

muzycian wrote:Hello,

LUNA PreRelease 8.3 has been released featuring these changes since the PR 8.2 preview:

Enjoy!
This deserves a much bigger WOW than the release of Vista. I'm grinning from ear to ear as I play with this. Thanks Jo!

Tempo setting is very much appreciated. :D

This is starting to look interesting (and more like Muzys). As a Muzys 3 user can you tell me what this has that Muzys doesn't? For example does it support multiple cores yet?

aMUSEd wrote:This is starting to look interesting (and more like Muzys).
:)
As a Muzys 3 user can you tell me what this has that Muzys doesn't?
I'm not sure if i want to make the comparison. (maybe others do?)
For example does it support multiple cores yet?
No, not yet.

Arrgh. Concrete has hit my brain, apparently. If I don't want to use the MPA, then how do I route audio end-to-end through a rack. Specifically, if I create a new musession, have nothing recorded or imported (totally clean), and I want to use the metronome, record an audio part, and hear what I'm recording. This was introduced in PR4 but I don't see how to do it in PR8.3. If I bring the MPA into view, I can tie the audio input to the audio output (directly or through a rack or plugin), but I don't see how to make an equivalent connection w/o the MPA, which is supposed to an "advanced" feature. Can someone help my brain block? Thanks,

EDIT: Never mind, I found it again (Right-Click the record button, pick in the "Audio Input Monitor" field). Given my extreme DUH moment, I'm going to make a suggestion: Have this default to Rack A, rather than None, for a new musession. Then a new user (or a stupid existing user :dog:) will get what they expect / want (?) / need (??) with a new session: they can hear the audio they want to record without any fiddling.

Edit 2: I guess I could do this with the new ability to create a default / template musession, but even with that I still think the suggesion makes sense.

DaveL
Last edited by DaveL60 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Also, a possible BR: when I chance the length of an audio part, the waveform representation in the disply changes as though the part was stretched, even the audio plays back normally.

DaveL

One other possible BR: my audio parts didn't seem to play back properly while recording. I got an initial sound, then they dropped out, then came back intermittently. This while recording a MIDI part, with the metronome going.

DaveL

DaveL60 wrote:Arrgh. Concrete has hit my brain, apparently. If I don't want to use the MPA, then how do I route audio end-to-end through a rack. Specifically, if I create a new musession, have nothing recorded or imported (totally clean), and I want to use the metronome, record an audio part, and hear what I'm recording. This was introduced in PR4 but I don't see how to do it in PR8.3.If I bring the MPA into view, I can tie the audio input to the audio output (directly or through a rack or plugin), but I don't see how to make an equivalent connection w/o the MPA, which is supposed to an "advanced" feature. Can someone help my brain block?
No, you're right.

Some Rack functions seems to be missing in the Rack context menu:

-> Monitor Audio Input
-> List Inputs

They will come back in the next version.

DaveL60 wrote:Also, a possible BR: when I chance the length of an audio part, the waveform representation in the disply changes as though the part was stretched, even the audio plays back normally.
DaveL
Can't repeat that here.

Maybe you just had inserted a tempo change, and then the composer wasn't yet refreshed?
Last edited by muzycian on Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveL60 wrote:One other possible BR: my audio parts didn't seem to play back properly while recording. I got an initial sound, then they dropped out, then came back intermittently. This while recording a MIDI part, with the metronome going.
DaveL
There indeed seems to be bugs in 8.3

:bang:

I don't get it, had tested it quite thoroughly.

I have blocked the download links as this is not good enough. Will research this asap, but could take a day (or 2).

ARRGGHHH!!!

:idiot: :smack:

(left=me, right=me)

Thanks for reporting Dave.

muzycian wrote:There indeed seems to be bugs in 8.3

:bang:

I don't get it, had tested it quite thoroughly.
I also had several crashes during the session, which I hadn't reported because I didn't have enough info to report / confirm repeatability. Mangled a couple of musession files along the way, but nothing that was anything more than just toying around.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully you'll discover it's all related to something straightforward to fix. :ud:

Go stamp 'em out, Jo! :box:

DaveL

Hey Jo - the specs of this pre-release look pretty impressive (even if there are bugs ;))

I've been keeping an eye on you. :hihi:

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

we'll all be back using the same sequencer before long... :hihi:

Hey Bonte. :)

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Return to “MUTOOLS”