Rhino won

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ive been changing my mind constantly over the past week will it be Rhino, Z3ta or Albino.

IN the end I bought Rhino, it won my heart because of the wierdness it can so easily produce but dammit I missed the the $80 offer...oh well its still great VFM at $100

I will in the end get the hang of programming this beast but in the meantime Mr Tick more wierd presets please

Ian F

Good choice, although I don't think you can lose with any of those.

Initially I was disappointed with the recent DX7 presets. Having played with them a bit though, they're great! Especially as they're only sine waves and virtually no filters. Really shows what's possible - who needs FM7,

Steve T
I'm a nasty piece of work, chief, ask anybody

Cool :-)
I'm a huge fan of the DX7, maybe this shows in the design of my own synths...
'Tick

'Tick, it was one of the reasons I bought Rainbow 2 but Rhino is your big statement synth and it sounds like it's selling well which is excellent.

Steve T wrote:
Initially I was disappointed with the recent DX7 presets. Having played with them a bit though, they're great! Especially as they're only sine waves and virtually no filters. Really shows what's possible - who needs FM7
I recently reviewed FM7 and brought up the same point. Depending on what you do synth-wise FM7 has gotten old and synths like Rhino are a less expensive, and in my case better alternative.
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

It is interesting that this thread popped back up. I sat all morning auditioning Rhino and Albino. I must say that both generate unique and awesome sound textures but I preferred the creative paths of Albino.

It is inevitable that I will own them both eventually, especially if Tick drops Rhino down to $80 again some day but for now, I'm going to grab Albino. Congrats to Papin for some amazing tight sounds.

Chemik

I agree Albino sounds terrific and if I had`nt already owned DeltaIII I think I would have opted for it over Rhino

Ian F

Return to “Big Tick”