Steps

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A quick piece to promote the forthcoming show in Stoke-on-Trent. This is called Steps. I was sitting at a bench by a pond/lake (not sure which) in central Copenhagen (The Black Pond). Joggers was jogging (big surprise) by and I happened to be equipped to field recording. I did a lot of takes of foot steps on gravel. The birds - sea gulls esp. - sang along. A bit of work in the digital realm and this was the result. Enjoy and don't forget to comment.

Steps

Last edited by respirator on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i am a sucker for these soundscapes, very nice job, reminds me of sitting in a park myself, but watching a dog play frisbee in the distance....the dog got bonked in the head :(

Sadly, I can't seem to get your link to work. :(

Stoke-on-Trent is my hometown. Have fun on your visit and make sure that you sample an oatcake. Your life will be transformed. :)

Hi Knype

I hope to see you at the show this Friday. Try again. There shouldn't be a problem...

Thomas

Thomas,

Still no joy with the link. Maybe it is my computer.

When I said hometown, that was where I was born and raised. I live in Texas now. Good luck with the show.

PM me you mail-address if you'd like me to mail you the zipped file...

quite enjoyed this ...

lookin forward to friday 8)
this is gonna sound frickin awesome :o

Thomas,

Followed a link to your website and heard "Steps" there.

Interesting stuff.

Most intriguing sounds happening here; where in a sense I wish I'd rather not have known the background of the recording. Still...

Loved it

:-o excellent (and very evil) atmosphere!... congrats!

Nice piece respirator... sometimes I wished for more of the little background bits to overpower the wind tunnel sound, but très cool all the same!
Image Image

love the beginning ... but when it settled into a deep and largely monolithic drone for the rest of the piece i missed variation. you've got a great ear.

great piece, respirator...nice and subliminal, just the way I likesssss it.

great, I love the mood especially at the beginning, the same was for your "ferry" track which I like a lot but the "industrial" beat at the end was not my favourite, anyway I prefer this Steps, like a walk in storm with no fear

Return to “Music Cafe”