What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tal U-NO-60

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian
 
1146 posts since 25 Sep, 2005, from Germany
 

Postby hifiboom; Fri May 25, 2007 4:59 am

now that was a quick implementation....

I'll try it....
Image
KVRian
 
996 posts since 14 Jan, 2004, from germany
 

Postby verstaerker; Fri May 25, 2007 5:15 am

as usual - it has recongnizable characteristics of the original but this one sounds much more aggresive
KVRian
 
1146 posts since 25 Sep, 2005, from Germany
 

Postby hifiboom; Fri May 25, 2007 5:21 am

jep you are right, maybe the oscillators should be more filtered, for a smoother sound....

some features are pretty cool.
Image
KVRian
 
996 posts since 14 Jan, 2004, from germany
 

Postby verstaerker; Fri May 25, 2007 5:22 am

hifiboom wrote:jep you are right, maybe the oscillators should be more filtered, for a smoother sound....

some features are pretty cool.


i have the feeling they added some harmonics to the Oscs
KVRAF
 
1936 posts since 29 Oct, 2003

Postby mauseoleum; Fri May 25, 2007 5:24 am

Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2970 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now
 

Postby 1-2-Many; Fri May 25, 2007 5:24 am

User avatar
KVRAF
 
2970 posts since 22 Feb, 2004, from Planet Earth...for now
 

Postby 1-2-Many; Fri May 25, 2007 6:04 am

While twiddling around found a preset setting that kills it. (least on my setup).

If anyone else would like to try it out, here it is:
Tiny Perc.fxp

Also, sliders would benefit from finer resolution, esp the freq/res sliders on the VCF.
KVRist
 
168 posts since 2 May, 2007, from Swiss
 

Postby ToguAudioLine; Fri May 25, 2007 7:41 am

1-2-Many wrote:While twiddling around found a preset setting that kills it. (least on my setup).

If anyone else would like to try it out, here it is:
Tiny Perc.fxp


Hi 1-2-Many,

thank you for the advise. A denormalisation problem occurs, if you do not activate at least one oscillator :-)
Add a little bit noise and the problem should be solved.

I will fix that.
Togu Audio Line
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/
KVRAF
 
5374 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france
 

Postby sinkmusic; Fri May 25, 2007 7:45 am

Hi Tal
Congratulations : the GUI is really nice.
Do you plan to include a arp and a chorus at some point ?
KVRAF
 
2821 posts since 30 Oct, 2006, from The City that Started House Music

Postby BFunKu; Fri May 25, 2007 8:01 am

For Sure the Best Juno60 Emulation out there! :D 8)
KVRist
 
168 posts since 2 May, 2007, from Swiss
 

Postby ToguAudioLine; Fri May 25, 2007 8:21 am

sinkmusic wrote:Do you plan to include a arp and a chorus at some point ?


Maybe i add an arpeggiator. I have some reserved parameters for extensions.

The chorus of the Juno 60 is very special, noisy and has its own character... i dont know if its possible to do such a chorus without convolution stuff. If i try to do such a chorus, then it will be a separate vst plugin.

I think that would be a useful effect also for other instruments or drums.
Togu Audio Line
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/
KVRAF
 
5374 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france
 

Postby sinkmusic; Fri May 25, 2007 8:45 am

ToguAudioLine wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Do you plan to include a arp and a chorus at some point ?


Maybe i add an arpeggiator. I have some reserved parameters for extensions.

The chorus of the Juno 60 is very special, noisy and has its own character... i dont know if its possible to do such a chorus without convolution stuff. If i try to do such a chorus, then it will be a separate vst plugin.

I think that would be a useful effect also for other instruments or drums.

Yes, it is definitively not a 101 chorus.
But what i like is that :
- it is fully a part of the preset settings ;
- there is nothing to tweak (it is off, or in mode 1 or 2, that's all) ;

I don't think it is possible using convolution, as it is a modulation efx, with time changing characteristics and modifying the stero image of the sound.
But you're right in the sense that it has its own sonic imprint.
KVRist
 
168 posts since 2 May, 2007, from Swiss
 

Postby ToguAudioLine; Fri May 25, 2007 9:12 am

sinkmusic wrote:it is fully a part of the preset settings ;

That's a point.

sinkmusic wrote:I don't think it is possible using convolution, as it is a modulation efx, with time changing characteristics and modifying the stero image of the sound.

Your right thats a problem :?

I will try it...
Togu Audio Line
http://kunz.corrupt.ch/
KVRAF
 
5374 posts since 28 Apr, 2004, from france
 

Postby sinkmusic; Fri May 25, 2007 9:25 am

ToguAudioLine wrote:That's a point.
I will try it...


yipee yeah !
thank you !
KVRist
 
353 posts since 8 Jul, 2003
 

Postby jouni; Fri May 25, 2007 9:35 am

ToguAudioLine wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Do you plan to include a arp and a chorus at some point ?


Maybe i add an arpeggiator. I have some reserved parameters for extensions.

The chorus of the Juno 60 is very special, noisy and has its own character... i dont know if its possible to do such a chorus without convolution stuff. If i try to do such a chorus, then it will be a separate vst plugin.

I think that would be a useful effect also for other instruments or drums.


Our Vintage Chorus in Orion Platinum (7.5) is very close emulation of 106's chorus and sounds pretty much the same when chorusing the dry Juno sound.

I tried this VST now and noticed few problems. I don't have Juno-60, just Juno-106. VST is surely punchy, but the filter leaves a lot to desire and sound is not quite right although maybe one of the best Juno emulations I've tested. Also the oscillators don't phase correctly. Ie. the phasing changes the sound depending when you click the button.
jouni - Developer - Synapse Audio Software
www.markvera.net | my blog
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments