see Adrian Belew's new trio live tomorrow night

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Come on out to the MercyLounge.com tomorrow night to see this show. I'll be there with my sister, some friends, and some coworkers. It's only $10 !!!
ADRIAN BELEW POWER TRIO If you've already been a guitarist with four legendary rock acts (Frank Zappa, Talking Heads, King Crimson, David Bowie), not to mention enjoyed a prolific 25-year solo career, how do you stay excited about music? Adrian Belew's answer: strip down to a trio and put some fresh gas in the engine—20-year-old Julie Slick on bass and her 19-year-old brother Eric on drums. Belew, undeniably one of the most singular guitarists in the annals of rock, met the sibling rhythm section when he was a guest professor at Philadelphia's School of Rock. "They're as good as some of the really great players I've worked with," Belew says, "like Bill Bruford, Danny Carey, Les Claypool and Tony Levin. They're unbelievable." In addition to a generous helping of Adrian's solo material, this show—a warm-up for upcoming East Coast and Japan tours—will feature some half-dozen Crimson tunes, the mere mention of which will surely bring the schizoids out of the woodwork. (A recent live recording of the current trio doing Crimson's "Dinosaur," during which Belew unleashes some outrageous prehistoric howls from his guitar, backs up his hefty claims about his new band.) Mercy Lounge —JACK SILVERMAN
http://adrianbelewpowertrio.blogspot.com/

:hail: :hail:
He's a very cool guitar-player, I love his latest sides 1 2 3 albums, a groundbreaking artist imo

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote::hail: :hail:
He's a very cool guitar-player, I love his latest sides 1 2 3 albums, a groundbreaking artist imo

Cheers
Thats the UNDERSTATEMENT of the century.

For me he's THE GUITAR-PLAYER, inventive like no other, flexible like no other and no wankeries like so many others do!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Well this was a treat of a show. Those kids rock. Eric Slick pays attention to his hi-hats and I love that. Very groovy and skilled. Julie Slick thumps the bass, can sweep, can do amazing walking lines, and can zone out on a fretless, too. And she's seriously hot on top of all that.

Belew did a killer solo interlude, bouncing around a solo that sounded like a snake charmer on shrooms.

Blistering rendition of Three of a Perfect Pair.

Much fun was had! Go see'em if they come to a town near you.

Return to “Music Cafe”