How about this piano soundfont?(1.1 Updated)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rar - not on server-
M@

Just now d/l'ed. Will get to play with it this weekend. Thanks, yannleo!

thanks for sharing this :)

I must say that this is an excellent recording of a great sounding Steinway B: good close perspective that captures the timbre of each note. This is probably now the best piano sf I have (and I've had most of them...) If there are any pianos sitting around your music school, I hope you'll consider recording them using the same mic setup and perspective.

...nice job yannleo!!..thanks for sharing!! :)

Dude - this is awesome - please tell me you recorded this -
great stuff.
m@

Great dynamics, great work, thanks!
The only timbre of the piano is not in my taste, but this is really quality soundfont. Higly recommend.

Best regards,
Krzysiek

This may one of the few Steinway B's to be sampled from a close perspective. I think one of Coakely's first set of Perfect Piano samples had a Steinway B with relatively close mics. Offhand, I can't think of others.

You know what, I'm in love with this piano, haven't slept in the last 45h yet I'm like entranced playing this. I just realized I've been playing your piano passionately (in parallel with Pianoteq) for almost 2h lol

Thank you very much, and this is the least I can say ! After all you didn't have to do this yet you did give it away to the community.... Oh I love Kvr sometimes :love:

Shy wrote:OK, I have no bandwidth limitations, so you can get the bank here as well.
yannleo: feel free to use this link, I won't delete it. If you update it and would like me to host the updated version, pm me.

Edit: OK, phpBB hates ( and ) in links, I forgot. Oh well.
Edit 2: and it also adds spaces.. so delete the one before ".exe"
Edit 3: Damn you phpBB. OK, it's a good chance to use the short URL script I set up, so, link updated.
thx for that Shy :)

and thx yannleo for making this available :love:

DSP

Would you be willing to share some information about your recording setup for this piano? Mic types, mic placement, bit depth, recording medium (DAT or directly to a computer, etc)?

This is partly idle curiosity--I don't have a piano available to record--and partly serious interest: you capture a timbre that I haven't heard any other piano sample capture.

Regarding the parentheses breaking URLs: The standard for URLs, RFC 1738 says that the characters ( and ) are supposed to be okay unencoded, but for some reason the forum code treats them as special characters. Even though you ought not have to, you should encode ( as %28 and ) as %29 wherever they occur in a URL.

Again, this isn't necessary for most uses, but for some reason it's needed in this and perhaps other forums.

The standard for URIs is RFC 3986; it has the same stipulations. For more info and tables of encodings for reserved characters, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

[edit] After reading the Wikipedia article I see I was wrong to say you shouldn't have to encode ( and ). Like +, &, :, /, and several other characters, the parentheses can have special meaning within a URL, so if you want them to be treated as plain text you have to encode them. Makes sense but takes some puzzling out.

thanks yanleo !!
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Thanks, nice one! :)

But the updated 1.1 version is corrupt, I can't even extract it. What's new in the updated version anyway?

ermi wrote:Thanks, nice one! :)

But the updated 1.1 version is corrupt, I can't even extract it. What's new in the updated version anyway?
Same here,

Don't know if this will help, but the error message reads

Progress: 18% ERROR - UnCrunchWin returned: 1 This file appears to be corrupted FAILED! error code: 7
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”