Reaper is not an ugly duckling anymore !

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that is nice. I like the first one. and yeah pretty graphics are important to me. call me a shallow bastard. go on, I don't care.

Alex, while that theme is cleaner, it doesn't address the issues that some are talking about. Cool graphics and such are one thing, but actual usability in the interface is another thing.

That being said, I do try Reaper often, just out of curiosity, and I'll be happy to download one that at least looks BETTER, even though it's not there yet(for me). But my graphics complaints don't come down to the actual GRAPHICS.

Brent
My host is better than your host

alex zonder wrote:[Then choose one like this:

There are so many possibilities now...
Now that one looks IMO sort of better. The icons on the top left are actually kind of ugly. :) I like anti-aliased waveform displays too

alex zonder wrote:
bmanic wrote: I think those screens are way too busy and distracting. Kind of reminds me of why I don't like the GUI of Sonar at all.

Cheers!
bManic
Then choose one like this:

Now that looks much better!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Not an ugly duckling GUI but a confusing looking one now. Why so much grandients? What about plain flat colors?

L

I see a lot of plain green, white, grey. It's just a matter of your "plainess threshold" :p
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

I think he's talking about the first post, the new graphics.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Lagrange wrote:Image. Why so much grandients? What about plain flat colors?

L
well in the 'ordinary' color themes (I posted an example) you can set or remove the gradient effects with one click in the Preferences. The elaborated theme/skin in the OP is another matter: here the gradient parts are actually .png files. But again you could easily replace these, keep the faders and/or icons, or the other way round... anything you like. Build you own thing, make it as plain as simple or as baroque or techno as you like....

here's one I made for the BAD Taste Thread over at Cockos:

Someone actually liked it a lot, but I didn't save the png's... :hihi:

Was that one originally designed for SAWstudio? It kinda reassembles its ugliness, but only IMHO of course. ^^ :D
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote:Was that one originally designed for SAWstudio? It kinda reassembles its ugliness, but only IMHO of course. ^^ :D
We opened a special thread over at Cockos in honor of the BAD and the UGLY... Isn't that where rock 'n roll was about in the first place?

sQeetz wrote:
alex zonder wrote:[Then choose one like this:

Now that one looks IMO sort of better. The icons on the top left are actually kind of ugly. :) I like anti-aliased waveform displays too
I agree with you guys, this one looks better. But there is something interface that I find slow. Maybe it is me. I think this is where protools wins. From my experience, it was the easiest to get my head around.

Everytime Reaper comes with a new update, I check to see if it is for me, but not yet. Maybe in the future.

Since1980 wrote:Everytime Reaper comes with a new update, I check to see if it is for me, but not yet. Maybe in the future.
Yeah, I think a lot of us feel that way right now.

I'm really hoping that the MIDI side of Reaper gets a little more attention soon. Something still seems rather half-baked in that dept.

I remain optimistic though. :)

alex zonder wrote:Image
Someone actually liked it a lot, but I didn't save the png's... :hihi:
ARRRG my eyes! It burns it burns sssss! :lol:

BLAYGH!

:shock: HOLY CHRIST! :shock:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”