Logic 8 Beta Details (or rather rumors, speculation, etc.)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[mod edit: subject line changed to reflect... well, you can figure it out]

For obvious reasons I cannot say how, where or when I saw the Logic 8 Pro beta, but here is a short concise summary of what to expect in L8 Pro.

Automatic Beat Detection - like Pro Tools Beat Detective, you can now slice up a loop into a series of individual beats, then stretch the sample, quantize etc, nothing new here, just playing catch up with the rest of the industry

Redesigned Single Window Interface - Everything is basically done in a single window and the plug-ins and menus slide in and out of the main arrange window, much like GB 08. (btw the environment is gone)

New Synthesizer line-up - A lot of the older synths have been booted out - eg ES1, ES2, EFM 1. The newer ones such as Ultra Beat and Sculpture have been slightly revised.

New workstation style synth - This is sort of like a virtual Korg Oasys, with all the sounds you could ever want, closer inspection reveals a 30GB rom. I have to say this is a very very very nice synth - much better than Xpand! for Pro Tools, and the acoustic instruments are better than the ones found in the Oasys.

Plug-ins - some new vintage compressors, but nothing really special.

Release date - sooner than you think!

:-o

this better be true or I'll feed your balls to the pigeons :tantrum:

:D

I'd hate to see ES2 go though
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

what's the GUI like? Is it is the style of the pro apps?
Any news on the sample editor?

Last edited by Broken on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds like crap (or wishingful thinking) to me. No one would be able to open Logic 7 or earlier songs and work on them (plugins missing? No environment? No screensets?)

But I do think it's coming soon...

(And *if* your info is reliable, it sounds like my worst nightmare for Logic, although I'll reserve final judgement until I see it for myself.)

anonymous718 wrote: Redesigned Single Window Interface - Everything is basically done in a single window and the plug-ins and menus slide in and out of the main arrange window, much like GB 08. (btw the environment is gone)
If this is true, bye bye Logic. The current plugin chaining approach is annoying enough already.
New Synthesizer line-up - A lot of the older synths have been booted out - eg ES1, ES2, EFM 1. The newer ones such as Ultra Beat and Sculpture have been slightly revised.
If this is true, bye bye Logic. It'd effectively mean you couldn't load older songs properly anymore.

But well, I guess it's just another hoax. And well, given that the OP has seen it in action and that these are the only noticeable updates, it's becoming even more suspiciuos.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

anonymous718 wrote:... (btw the environment is gone) ...
huh! :-o :shock:

some people have it in their signatures
http://discussions.apple.com/message.js ... ID=4530054

could be a joke though

spaceman wrote:some people have it in their signatures
http://discussions.apple.com/message.js ... ID=4530054

could be a joke though
I'd think so. Apple really doesn't want any testers to be known publically.

More likely a joke, because they'd be breaching the terms of the beta agreement by telling people they are members...

beej wrote:More likely a joke, because they'd be breaching the terms of the beta agreement by telling people they are members...
And you know this,how? :hihi:

Common sense and experience.

(Nice try! ;) )

beej wrote:Common sense and experience.

(Nice try! ;) )
The cool answer would have been: I can't tell you. 8)

jupiter8 wrote: And you know this,how? :hihi:
It's part of almost every betatesting NDA that you sign.

most of my NDA's let me say i'm a beta tester & lets me talk about known things,

but thats most not all ;)

anyhoo, f**k logic & mac! (unless they both want me to be beta testers for them :hihi: )

Subz

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”