What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Official 2007 American Football Thread

Classic threads from OT live on here...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

16079 posts since 2 Dec, 2003, from Nashville, TN

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:02 pm Official 2007 American Football Thread

Well, it's almost that time! Well, actually, preseason is already here and in full force.

I'm going to buy Madden first thing tomorrow morning. It's a yearly "ritual" I guess you could say. Anyone else buying Madden?

So anyways, put your smack talk here, your predictions, your weekly sorrows, and your bragging! It's almost time for the regular season!

Me, I'm happy to see the Chiefs on the HBO Hard Knocks series this year. Very entertaining. And it seems like we are VERY close to getting Larry Johnson the contract needed to end the holdout.

Go Chiefs!

Brent
KVRAF

1562 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from indiana

Postby SWTrex; Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Looking for a repeat...Go Colts!

It'll be tough - too many personnel losses, and some other teams got better (waiting on Hink to chime in here).

It's gonna be a great season!

SWTrex in Indy
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"
R.I.P.

7342 posts since 23 May, 2006, from in between a cornfield and a river

Postby Chuck E. Jesus; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:07 pm

Last edited by Chuck E. Jesus on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
i got the moves like Wyman...
R.I.P.

Postby Chuck E. Jesus; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:11 pm

Last edited by Chuck E. Jesus on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

7850 posts since 16 Apr, 2003, from -on the outside looking in

Postby ouroboros; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:14 pm

My prediction: 49'ers are overrated preseason sleepers.
Jet's will not be as good as the Cardinals.
Pat's will have best regular season record if Chargers don't.
Raiders will be much improved.
Steelers will be a real threat again.
Chargers take it all.
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:24 pm

Pats are probably the team to beat this year, but they WILL be beaten. I just don't know by who yet!

As for the Chargers, they will be tough. But I really think that whoever takes it this year will be a surprise team. I'm not saying Chiefs, but I'm not saying that I'm not saying Chiefs either! Oh wait, I just did.

Haha, anyways! We all know that preseason doesn't show anything. Teams play very vanilla plays and many players don't even play. We didn't even have a fullback in our game, or LJ, among many others. So I can't wait to see the team in action around the fourth preseason game or so.

Man, I'm getting so excited about Madden. I'm only getting it on PC, but I can put it on my laptop and my desktop, so I can play it anywhere. That should do the trick to get me by between weeks!

Brent
KVRAF

7850 posts since 16 Apr, 2003, from -on the outside looking in

Postby ouroboros; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:35 pm

I will go on record right now saying that the Chiefs will not win the superbowl, their league, or their division :P :D

Just getting my preseason picks down on record for braggin' rights at the end :hihi:

come on folks; ink 'em.
Will get regular season predictions soon enough :)
R.I.P.

Postby Chuck E. Jesus; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:40 pm

Last edited by Chuck E. Jesus on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:40 pm

ouroboros wrote:I will go on record right now saying that the Chiefs will not win the superbowl, their league, or their division :P :D

Just getting my preseason picks down on record for braggin' rights at the end :hihi:

come on folks; ink 'em.
Will get regular season predictions soon enough :)

And you will edit your post later in case you're wrong?

Haha!

I don't have a clue how the Chiefs will do this year. We have a MUCH better defense then we had last year. Arguably the fastest linebacker group in the entire league. It's our offense which is up in the air. If our offensive line gets to a place where they can work as a team, we WILL have a chance to get the division. I'm not even close to thinking Super Bowl. That's a VERY long shot. But we've got some fantastic new weapons.

And personally, I wouldn't go out and say that the Chargers will win our division either. It's going to be SO TOUGH to win this division this year. But then again, isn't it always?

It will be interesting. I'll be happy with playoffs, since it's all up in the air. We have a good amount of first and second year players. Over half of the roster right now is in their first couple seasons.

Fear the wolf!

Don't count your chickens........

Tony Gonzalez is still the class of the league at tight end!

Ok, enough smack talking. Gotta get back to work! I'll be back later to take my lashings!

Brent :P
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:i think the bears are going to do good...i have to look at it as the season goes, but i have high hopes....

I think it's safe to say that as Rex Grossman goes, so do the Bears. I think they will easily win their division once again, and have a chance at going deep. Their defense can still win the games that their offense screws up.

I'm pulling for them as well, being from Illinois and all. They are in my top three teams.

Brent
R.I.P.

Postby Chuck E. Jesus; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:48 pm

Last edited by Chuck E. Jesus on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey, I want them to succeed as well. I am one of the people who like Rex Grossman. I have been a fan of his since he first came in. He just needs to keep himself in check, and the Bears will be fine. Regardless, they are still the team to beat in the NFC.

Brent
R.I.P.

Postby Chuck E. Jesus; Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:04 pm

KVRAF

Postby koolkeys; Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:hey keys, i'm glad you got this thread going...i'll be checking in, and you know who i'll
be cheering for....f**k the chiefs, f**k the pats.......

GO BEARS!!!!!

Haha! Somebody had to start it this year!

Man I can't wait for the season to start! We've got our Sunday Ticket renewal all set up and just upgraded to a surround sound system in our apartment. Our neighbors are huge football fans as well, so we can crank it up. My fantasy draft is next Tuesday. My first year in a paid league!

And we still have four weeks to wait. :cry:

Brent
KVRist

80 posts since 12 Oct, 2005

Postby Braindrop; Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:52 am

Yay for starting this. I stumbled into that horrid "football" thread yesterday with high hopes, only to find out they're talking about a 6-hour game that can end in a nil-nil tie... :)

I'll go on record with my team -- Cowboys will go 9-7 this year, and be out in the 2nd round of playoffs yet again.

Sad, but true.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic Classics