Any freeware multitrack recorder VST plugins?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

guitarzan wrote:
shogger wrote:
Mirage wrote:Get Reaper, its free.
Like Samplitude, Cubase and Sonar. All free. To try. :wink:

Shogger
But Reaper is uncrippled and never expires.
Yes. Sure. But that doesn't make it free. But you know that already. :wink:

Shogger

Yes, you should buy REAPER after 30 days, but I think the main description of REAPER on their home page as "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware for Windows 98/ME/NT/2k/XP/Vista" is probably there on purpose. Honestly, some of you people seem too uptight to even enjoy music.
Last edited by guitarzan on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And BTW: I was wrong. Cubase is not free to try. There is no demo. :shrug: :dog: :bang: :lol: 8)
Cubase is so old school it doesn't need a demo. :P

Shogger

guitarzan wrote:Yes, you should buy REAPER after 30 days, but I think the main description of REAPER on their home page as "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware for Windows 98/ME/NT/2k/XP/Vista" is probably there on purpose. Honestly, some of you people seem too uptight to even enjoy music.
What do you want? You know that you're not right with that. And I'm enjoying music a lot. Honestly. :)

Shogger

shogger wrote:
guitarzan wrote:Yes, you should buy REAPER after 30 days, but I think the main description of REAPER on their home page as "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware for Windows 98/ME/NT/2k/XP/Vista" is probably there on purpose. Honestly, some of you people seem too uptight to even enjoy music.
What do you want? You know that you're not right with that. And I'm enjoying music a lot. Honestly. :)

Shogger
Your post wasn't even there when I started typing, but I really do think that REAPER described upfront as "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware for Windows 98/ME/NT/2k/XP/Vista" and the great non-commercial price of $40 and the liberal policy that the commercial license is only necessary if you actually do make significant money off the product (not just having the intention to make money) and even then you only pay the difference between the commercial and non-commerial license shows that it is true shareware. It is not free, but it is as close as possible...more like pay when you can honor system - otherwise, why not just make it expire?
Last edited by guitarzan on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No, they put it there to let people know that they can try it fully, and that they are being TRUSTED to do the right thing. If you choose to use it longer then the evaluation period, that's not the right thing, and not the intention of a company wanting to make money for their work.

It's not being uptight, it's just being truthful.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Then why would they go out of their way to announce that it is "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware"? Just to tempt??

guitarzan wrote:Then why would they go out of their way to announce that it is "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware"? Just to tempt??
No, not to tempt.
They do know that there are people who steal. But they know, too that there are people who honor their coolness and buy a license. And I'm sure that there are people who go beyond the 30 days and buy a license later. But there will never be a crakked version of Reaper because there's nothing to crakk. And this is cool for everybody: The company, the paying customers and everybody who checks it out. The thiefs will steal anyway and will have their excuses as always. But I think you're an honest guy and will purchase a license somewhere down the road.

Shogger

guitarzan wrote:Then why would they go out of their way to announce that it is "Uncrippled unexpiring shareware"? Just to tempt??
If they wanted to give it away for free, they wouldn't be selling it.

Really man, c'mon. You know that you are really stretching things here. They didn't put that in to tempt you. They put that in to let you know that they trust you as a potential customer, and they are hoping that you will honor their wishes, but they don't want to restrict you while you are trying it.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Right, so like I originally posted:
guitarzan wrote:
shogger wrote:
Mirage wrote:Get Reaper, its free.
Like Samplitude, Cubase and Sonar. All free. To try. :wink:

Shogger
But Reaper is uncrippled and never expires.

:love: :hug: 8)

Shogger

Sonar Start 1.0 is free

OK - it's not really up to date, but it works ;)

SONAR START 1.0

Getting back into subject.... :roll: :D

May I ask, why would you need a 4-track VST plugin??? Just curious

sweet_trip wrote:Getting back into subject.... :roll: :D

May I ask, why would you need a 4-track VST plugin??? Just curious
I started this topic because I'm looking for a free multitrack recorder, so I can overdub all the parts for my demo songs in realtime. I don't mind if it's four or more tracks, I'm just hoping to find something free, because I haven't much income right now or credit card or anything. Even if someone could make me one it'd be cool. I just didn't think it would cause so much arguement, lol. I been using Audacity, but it gets very echoish when I run a VST host and Audacity at the same time and you can't use VSTs in realtime actually on Audacity. I'd rather have a multitrack recorder and do the overdubbing in realtime in the same program. I got a couple programs to chain the VSTs but I need a free VST multitrack recorder, if there is one, you know, for overdubbing and mixing down. Or as close as possible to that idea.

OOOooh, I get it.

I though you meant a VST 4-track plugin, but I see you mean an audio DAW. Hehe.

Anyway, don't pay attention to all the arguments above. Use REAPER and when you think you can pay for the license fee, then I urge you to do that.

There's also LUNA http://www.mutools.com/products.html which is currently free BETA. Also Kristal http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index. ... on=details

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”