Confused by your piano listings

Official support for: backintimerecords.de
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking over your site, I'm confused by the listings for pianos:

1.Two standard pianos and one prepared pianos are listed on the piano page at http://www.backintimerecords.de/bitr009.htm The first, larger, piano multisample has no mp3 for it. The second and third do. Is there an mp3 of the large piano anywhere else on your site?

2. Is the large 1.2 gig piano recorded from the same piano as the two smaller ones?

3. Some of the TSW collections include a piano or pianos. (But there is no mp3 of those pianos.)Are these from the same recording sessions as the pianos I mention above?

Thanks. I like the sample sets, but I'm trying to sort out exactly which is what.

The Grand Piano is always the same, just different MB sizes. This means long (actually full) decay of the biggest one, shorter samples and sustain looped samples for the small MB sized versions.

The Prepared Piano sound effects were done with this Grand Piano too.

The name of the Model is Schimmel CO256 and to avoid any confusion we always used the same name whereever this sample appears (like TSW).

Cheers

harryson

Thanks. That clears things up. Very nice sounding piano, too. I'm surprised I haven't read more about it on KVR or elsewhere.

Indeed? It's one of our longtime bestsellers and there are some customers who told us, that this is their absolute favourite one. I think it's not a one-for-all Piano, but the dynamic power is really incredible, especially in the bass range, and the upper range is very natural sounding because it's room miked, not close-up miked.

Cheers

harryson

You've changed the mp3 for the piano. Is the original mp3 still available? Why the change? Now, its one of the old mp3's of a midi file that was used to demo piano multisamples 3-5 years ago.

No, we didn't change any mp3. What mp3 do you mean?

Cheers

harryson

Sorry. My mistake.

Don't worry. It sounds to me that you're more interested in NEW mp3 audio tracks demonstrating this Grand Piano, isn't it?

Cheers

harryson

That would be great. (Somehow I thought I'd listened to another mp3 of the piano that didn't use that midi file--one that used to be used for piano mulitsamples several years ago.)

Are the new mp3's of the piano coming soon?

Hi Jake,

sure, we're doing new mp3 audio tracks every few weeks and the latest ones you'll find on the synth presets page on our website here http://www.backintimerecords.de/bitr003.htm . Certainly there will be more and new mp3s on the Piano page too, but we don't announce them and I can't say when this will be. Would be great if you make a bookmark and get a look every week or month or so.

Cheers

harryson

---------------------------
www.backintimerecords.de
---------------------------

Return to “Back In Time Records”