Come join a new guitarist-focused vst and fx forum!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

To those of you who don't (yet) know of Dimitar Nalbantov, he's one of the top modern rock-instrumental guitarists in the world.

He's just created and opened a forum on his site to help guitarists of all levels of ability find the greatest tones through all of the various software effects available - mostly freeware, too!

If you're into guitar at all, or even just a keyboardist with a guitar sample library, you could do worse than joining us on the forum over there to discuss how to obtain ultimate guitar tones from your computer. You can learn a lot just by joining, and you can help a lot by posting your own tips and tricks, too.

http://nalbantov.com/forum/index.php

Dimi's a super nice guy and has a great heart for doing this and sharing all of his knowledge - even to the extent of soon to be included downloadable effects chains for a few of the more well-known hosts (but can easily be translated to any host).

So this is an official invite for you to join Dimi's forum. It's new so please be patient with the amount of material but it's got great potential.

(Oh, and Dimi is a great KVR contributor, too!)

I look forward to seeing all of the other KVR guitarists there, too!

- Paul

I signed up :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

And don't forget to look in the freeware FX section for links to some useful guitar-focused vst effects.

I'm in too 8)
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Hey, Zeoy,

Maybe you can detail some of your Studio Devil work there, too. I'd like to learn how to get better high gain tones from it but don't think that all my comments are too KVR-centric.

Only when you get a chance.

Thanks, either way,

- Paul

just in!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

I'm in.
:band:
Rakkervoksen

Cool,

I appreciate all who participate. Although I'm primarily a guitarist, I've learned a lot from KVR but sometimes don't feel that things I would like to post would come across well due to the focus here tending to be more synth/effect/software-specific.

I'm not going to dump KVR by any means, but it's nice to have a place to discuss guitar stuff with you guys and not feel like I'm going too OF (OT = Off Topic. OF = Off Forum :) )

I'm trying to get Dimi to set up a file upload section so we can upload songs, presets, etc - I'll let you know of the status!

Thanks to all who participate or even just browse.

- Paul

PaulG wrote:Hey, Zeoy,

Maybe you can detail some of your Studio Devil work there, too. I'd like to learn how to get better high gain tones from it but don't think that all my comments are too KVR-centric.

Thanks, either way,

- Paul
Hey Paul, I haven't received my account activation e-mail. Maybe the site doesn't like yahoo addresses. Can you ask Dimi about it?

Re Studio Devil, I 'd gladly contribute something there. You know I hesitate to suggest techniques for heavy sounds since a) I'm an old fart who has no idea about all those nu-metal sounds and b) the heavy metal crowd is very tough to please. But if you like the sounds in the "Can't Stop" StudioDevil demo I can try to find the project and describe what I did there 8)

Great! Maybe this can be the "KVR Guitar Forum" that I originally lobbied for several months ago. I'll update that thread ("The KVR Guitar Players Thread - links to great guitar posts") to point out this thread and Dimi's new forum.
Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. - Niels Bohr

Zeoy - It (for now) doesn't require email activation. (And I'm hardly a "nu-metaller" - I'm looking for mostly 80's hard rock/metal tones.)

lethe - Thanks for including this on that thread!

It's got good stuff already going on and its only one day old. I hope that this will keep the guitar-haters here at KVR somewhat at bay! :)

- Paul

zeoy wrote:

Thanks, either way,

- Paul
Hey Paul, I haven't received my account activation e-mail. Maybe the site doesn't like yahoo addresses. Can you ask Dimi about it?

Re Studio Devil, I 'd gladly contribute something there. You know I hesitate to suggest techniques for heavy sounds since a) I'm an old fart who has no idea about all those nu-metal sounds and b) the heavy metal crowd is very tough to please. But if you like the sounds in the "Can't Stop" StudioDevil demo I can try to find the project and describe what I did there 8)
I found mine in the Yahoo spam folder but it was buried in there a page deep due to how the spammers predate their stuff to keep it on top.

Shane Sanders wrote:
zeoy wrote:

Thanks, either way,

- Paul

I found mine in the Yahoo spam folder but it was buried in there a page deep due to how the spammers predate their stuff to keep it on top.
:lol: Never noticed their pre-date trick. You were right Shane! Found it and now I'm in. Thanx!

Cool! Great idea, I'm in!! :D

KABLAAH!

Return to “Effects”