VB3: needs bugfix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've purchased the VB3 by Guido.
It sounds VERY GOOD, more convincing and "strong" than NI B4 (IMHO).
One of the best new plugins of this time.

Unluckilly, I've found a couple of bugs on it.

The first regards the percussion: after few notes played, the percussion becomes continuous, sounding in the same way as a drawbar tone

The second regards the tube preamp: when it's ON, after few time playing it increases by itself the general volume of the instrument (I have to reduce the level from the mixer), and it becomes too much distorted, as if there were the "distortion" put ON at medium-high setting.

I don't know if it depends on my daw, but I tried with different settings and audio-boards, without being able to correct those problems.

Anyone can help me?

Stefano

Hi Stefano,
I'm aware about these bugs and I'm working on a new update with bug fixes and many new features. Of course the update is free to registered users.

About the volume raise after a while, I was reported that bug by other users but they all found out that the problem was somewhere else because it also happened with other plugins. Mostly, they were using beta versions of hosts or drivers.

I've been playing VB3 at gigs for hours (levaing the laptop running VB3 while we all were at dinner) and it didn't stop working, nor it caused any problems.

Apparently, the Percussion bug is serious, but I already found a fix. There's another bug with the V/C which causes a very soft whistle appearing in the background after a while. This also has been already fixed in the new code (I'm rewriting the whole thing from scratch for the second time!)

The last bug I took note of is related to the MIDI CC assignments of drawbars sets A (either for upper and lower) that don't respond to external control. This will be bypassed by the new "MIDI Learn" feature.

The only serious problem is that I am alone, I have a day job and a living and I need time for all this... so I ask you to be patient... and I thank you for your support :wink:

Guido.

Hi Zio,
Thank you very much for the answer.

I'm really happy I've purchased the VB3.
I trust a lot in this plug, since finally I've found something which's able to reach those B3 rock sounds I was searching for: from Genesis to Deep Purple, from E.L.&P. to Grandfunk (and so on).
And It's capable to do very excellent Jazz-Blues sonorities too.

VB3 sound is so powerfull, so "Thrue" even without leslie-sim and tube pre... in other words: more than a simulation, it sounds GENUINE HAMMOND .

For what concerns the bugs, I use WIN XP Home and Cubase SX3 (not "beta") and I dont' have any similar volume increasment problems with the other plugs I use.
Personally, I've found this bug related with the tube preamp, when put ON (by the way, it should be a good idea adding an intensity controller for the valve saturation - IMHO).
However, I'll check better those "fake" Motu audio drivers.

Anyway, since you have told you're working on a new update, I'll wait patiently (I'm aware You're hardly attending to the new MrRay, by now).

Thanks ZioKiller.
Stefano

P.S. Ever thought about putting the VB3 in a dedicated hardware (dual Keyboard wooden case)?

I just want to say that VB3 sounds really great and I might even buy it, however, I'm a sound designer at heart and...

IS THERE AN ENVELOPE??? ADSR? If there isn't can you please add one? Any ETA on this feature? :)

Edit: What's the difference between the free Organized Trio and the VB3?

Architeuthis wrote: IS THERE AN ENVELOPE??? ADSR? If there isn't can you please add one?
:o Noooo! If you pay for VB3, I refund you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZioKiller wrote:
Architeuthis wrote: IS THERE AN ENVELOPE??? ADSR? If there isn't can you please add one?
:o Noooo! If you pay for VB3, I refund you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What? I get a refund? SWEET! (I didn't purchase VB3 yet :D) I wish Markus was as nice as you (referring to Gladiator incident). But anyway, I'll definitely buy it if there's an envelope in the future.

No, sorry, there will never be an envelope... :roll:

(you just saved a bunch of money! :lol: )

I just started checking out VB3 yesterday. I usually use a Korg CX3 into a Leslie cabinet for my recordings. I'm amazed at how good the VB3 sounds. Well done! I can see using this in place of the CX3 for some new recordings. I had B4II and a few other organ sims. None of them, including B4II could take the place of the real thing. The distortion on the B4II was the thing that drove me nuts the most. The distortion pattern was too predictable to be real. I'd all but given up on finding any usable B3 simulation. That is until now. As a matter of fact, I just stopped typing and bought it.

Thanks for the great work.

BTW: I don't want an envelope in this. Just keep it a great organ sim. Nothing more, nothing less.

trmupstage wrote:BTW: I don't want an envelope in this. Just keep it a great organ sim. Nothing more, nothing less.
Come on now, an envelope won't hurt any part of the simulation and I'm sure it's not hard to add. That's the advantage of creating a simulation. You can simulate it and go beyond.

MMM.... an ADSR in an Organ . . . in a Hammond . . .?!???
It's so absurd that I think Architeuthis is kidding :D
I'm sorry, may be I've not explained myself properly, but I was really serious in my request.
VB3 is destinated to have an important role in my future productions.
And I really consider VB3 one of the best new productions by now.
So, please, consider my post seriously.
Thanks

Stefano
Last edited by stesgarbi on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't mean any offense to you, but why? There so many synths available that recreate an organ sound to one degree or another. I just don't see a point. The one thing I would like to see is an on/off switch, so you can do pitch drops by turning the power off, like a real B3. That would be cool.

stesgarbi wrote:MMM.... an ADSR in an Organ . . . in a Hammond . . .?!???
It's so absurd that I think Architeuthis is kidding :D
Think about it though. Why would you want to *not* add flexability to a program? The reason ADSR would be great to have on an organ simulation is because it changes the application.

I'LL MAKE A REALLY GOOD POINT TO ARGUE MY DESIRE TO HAVE ADSR, watch this!:

It's good to have an attack parameter on a sampled piano or simulated piano. Why? Because you'll notice that a little bit of attack and some reverb creates a really cool room effect. If you don't believe me then ask me to post a sample. I dare you! :box:

Edit: And fast decay on a sampled or simulated electric piano can sound like a xylophone among other things. It's called tweability, come on peoples! :wink:

Sorry, I have to make a double post. If you're still not convinced, what I'll do is artificially add an envelope to VB3 and post demos as soon as my website is finished transferring to a new server. Then you will hear some possibilities with ADSR on VB3.

@ Architeuthis
No matter.
If you want a synthtetic organ, for experimentations with envelopes, get a Roland D50, or a Yamaha DX7 (or TG77) or a Motif XS (it has good hammondish samples) and so on, and play it through a real Leslie, or a good leslie simulation.

In the case of VB3, ZioKiller has "rebuilt" an original Hammond. This is the philosophy of that plug.
If I'd a Thrue Hammond (hardware), I should NEVER modifie it with adding some filter or ADSR.
That's the same for VB3 (IMHO).
Anyway, if you want ADSR on VB3, you can use the pedal (for attack and decay) or use an insert ADSR plugin.

Stefano

P.S.
@ trmupstage
I don't feel offended by your post :)
Last edited by stesgarbi on Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arrite, maybe I should give this one up, since it is true that sampled organs with ADSR will sound just as good as VB3 with ADSR.

However, will anyone object to adding ADSR to Mr. Ray? :P Xylophone-type sounds anyone?

Note: I'm still thinking of buying VB3, just need to check my funds, my $$$.

Return to “Instruments”