Oatmeal 38-1 (hacky unison added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tonAP wrote:
dr.founkstai wrote:Can you REMOVE the "random preset" button ? because of that there are TONS of banks for oatmeal but they are all CRAP, without exception.
Simply don't play those banks you don't like and don't push that button.
Or better yet, program a full bank of your own non-CRAP presets and let us judge how well you do.

Thanks so much for the update fuzzpilz, i don't have a multi core processor, but the problem occurred on HT processors too (which i do have,) but not any more of course! :hyper:

Yeah, this is for sure one of the few 'necessary' vsti's (for me at least), so the fact it's still being developed great news.

I think Oatmeal gets fair treatment in the 'press', no unfitting proportions, whats not to
love about ton of skins, megatons of soundbanks, and zabbatons of potential? Wheres the
skins for Sonic Synth2 with its micro fonts, and labels obscured in useless dark gradients?
Where is a NI patch like Tim Conrardys' 'Tidal Wave'? And.....You're Back! :) So soak up
some good vibes, as befitting one who didn't take his ball and go home, when things weren't easy. Oatmeal is great. Even our Moms know that! 8)

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date Anyone going to be so kind as to update this? :P

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133930 Glassbacks post is a godsend, but using the KVR database means they'll always have hosting.

Hey Fuzz, welcome back. And stop being humble... you know you ROCK!

Nice one - "a handful of new fiters" :lol: :tu:

Thanks Fuzz!

hey fuzpils, thanks man.

Fuzzpilz wrote:Hello. It's been rather a while (there are reasons for my long absence, but they're stupid so I'm not going into the details), but recently I finally sat down and did some of the things that most needed doing.

Hence: Oatmeal 37-5b.

I don't know how many people still use or care about this thing, but here's a short list of changes:

- Multiple instances running on separate cores/CPUs should no longer produce garbled output.
- Per-voice saturation does not as easily cause annoyingly audible note-off clicks.
- A handful of useless new filter types and some minor internal changes.
- No idea if the Sonar all-notes-off problem persists, as I was never able to reproduce it in the first place. I'd appreciate it if people got in touch (again), especially if it happens on other hosts also.

Here's the old screenshot, for old times' sake (the default skin's appearance hasn't changed):

For those who don't know what it is, it's a fairly basic VA. Two oscillators (vaguely supporting hardsync and FM), one (optionally tuned) noise source, one filter (or two of the same in parallel), blah blah the screenshot probably tells you enough. It was disproportionately well-received back in the day, so some might still find it worth a try.
It's great to hear from you.

Oatmeal is still in my A-list of plugins -- it's a great sounding VA with lots of built-in potential for modulation, and there have been many banks written for it. If you look, you can even find better skins!

Thanks very much for this gift.

Wow, ninja update, thanks for the update to this fantastic synth. ^_^

Oatmeal remains a cool synth because you can make great sounds with it easily. And Ann's banks are excellent. An update is very exciting news. Thanks.

Thanks for the update - particularly the dual core issue.

speccyteccy wrote:Thanks for the update - particularly the dual core issue.
+1. :tu: :tu:

Hi Fuzz - your synth is a classic - I've enjoyed since I first discovered it! Thank you for the upgrade.
Last edited by Integratron on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I use Charsiesis in so many ways. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Return to “Instruments”