G-Sonique Renegade

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Renegade

I just saw a press release on Harmony Central about the G-Sonique Renegade. This looks like a VA with a vibrant red/black UI. I just thought I'd mention it here since I didn't see anything about it here yet.

There's a demo, but it seems to have a white-noise burst every 7 seconds which is distracting.

http://www.g-sonique.com

Brian

So did anyone actually try this? It looks pretty cool but the presets sound all the same to me. Filter cutoff seems to behave a bit weird, it doesn't seem to do anything until you've almost closed it.

is this standard synthmaker algorithms?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:is this standard synthmaker algorithms?
their site says C++/Assembler.

It's a very simple synth (no mono/legato mode, no pitchbend etc) but it does sound pretty good for a trance/dance synth. Seems to have some rather beefy bass presets.

The two filters (in series) sound OK to me, but I'm hardly an expert in that dept.

It is what it is I guess. :)

kNarf_ wrote:So did anyone actually try this? It looks pretty cool but the presets sound all the same to me. Filter cutoff seems to behave a bit weird, it doesn't seem to do anything until you've almost closed it.
Havent tried Renegade yet but their other synths Alien 303.s filters cutoff is strange too.

This Synth in one word would be "FAT"!!! It's kind of like a Mini Cut Down Access Virus in a way. 8)

One tip for the developer. Turn the Noise Bursts down about 6dB there way too loud! White Noise every 7 seconds is just a bit much!? Change it to every 20 or 30 seconds so people can actually test the Synth out somewhat. Volume drops work much better by the way and are a lot less annoying. Or just plain get rid of the noise bursts altogether.8)
Last edited by BFunKu on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

----
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:----
:lol: :shrug:

:dog: I removed all the ignorant parts of my post and --- is all that's left. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

is this standard synthmaker algorithms?
I would say so, on there site they say its C++ but i think its using SM for sure, i mean just look at the preset manager etc and the style looks similar also, maybe they used the code modules though for the inside of the synth.

it certainly looks like they ripped the UI straight from the pages of angular momentum design.

definitely looks SM.

can SM integrate with C++ the way that SE can (ie: sylenth) etc? is it possible that is what they mean?

and can SM do ASM? dont think it can but dont know much about SM.

5. Is it true that your instruments are created using the SM program from Outsim Ltd.?
Yes but actually this program is only used as a tool for a final joining of our own codes written in C-Alike language and assembler. Our codes are mainly based on DSP chip
formulas of the hardware instruments and circuits of the real hardware synthesizers. The SM program is only used for visual simplification of our own complex codes
and schemes. This means there's no way to create our products by SM program with using its standard modules only.
from faq: http://www.g-sonique.com/g-sonique/FAQ.htm

guess that means he is using the low level SM crap, but tis' still SM and not C++. he's lying unless C++ can integrate somehow with SM?

grymmjack wrote:guess that means he is using the low level SM crap, but tis' still SM and not C++. he's lying unless C++ can integrate somehow with SM?
SM has both "code" and "ASM" programming. The "Code" module uses a special version of C++ where the main difference is that you can't use conditional statements, but they are not necessary in audio coding, for obvious reasons (audio never goes back in time, well at least not until 23rd of december, 2012).
There are, anyway, easy workarounds to obtain "if-then" commands in the code module. The ASM is just pure ASM as far as I know (I can't use that stuff still, very hard to understand, for real geeks), and both modules can take advantage of SSE/SSE2 4-parallel processing. :wink:

So if he's telling the truth he did one of this things:

1. re-written his algos in SM from his own orginal c++ code.
2. made them from scratch directly in the SM code module

OR

3. grabbed SM codes already written by others and modified it.

:wink:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Acrobat wrote:
grymmjack wrote:guess that means he is using the low level SM crap, but tis' still SM and not C++. he's lying unless C++ can integrate somehow with SM?
SM has both "code" and "ASM" programming. The "Code" module uses a special version of C++ where the main difference is that you can't use conditional statements, but they are not necessary in audio coding, for obvious reasons (audio never goes back in time, well at least not until 23rd of december, 2012).
There are, anyway, easy workarounds to obtain "if-then" commands in the code module. The ASM is just pure ASM as far as I know (I can't use that stuff still, very hard to understand, for real geeks), and both modules can take advantage of SSE/SSE2 4-parallel processing. :wink:

So if he's telling the truth he did one of this things:

1. re-written his algos in SM from his own orginal c++ code.
2. made them from scratch directly in the SM code module

OR

3. grabbed SM codes already written by others and modified it.

:wink:
<bitchy>BUT it still looks like Y.A.V.A.**, you know?</bitchy>

**not krakli's YAVA, from which I stole the acronym...
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Return to “Instruments”