Audio Damage effects - any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Audio Damage plugs are all over our last album, and will be all over the next. They seem, as a company, to be perfectly in sync with exactly the sort of stuff I like. They have an uncanny ability to model old quirky bits of hardware that I have worn out or regretted no longer having. I love Discord so much, it inspired me to go buy an H 910. Which smells a lot funnier than Discord... :help:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

ttoz wrote:so dr device is a replacement for timefink? can the lfos control the delay time etc?

I sold all my ad stuff recently as i just wasnt using it, ever.. BUT, the dr device is interesting
Re timefnk: Kind of. I thought of it as more of a replacement for ronin.

To the OP:

I have almost all of them and they are my go-to effects (deverb and dubstation are send effects in my cubase template). Big Seq is my favorite. I think a Deverb 2 would be AWESOME. :D

pandashake wrote:I think a Deverb 2 would be AWESOME. :D
I love the interfaces on the old Deverb and Discord 1. I argued in vain for them to stay but crandall would have none of it..

:hihi:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

The returns/exchange policy is actually pretty cool so ill be buying Replicant and Fluid next week. But DR Device looks interesting....and I would definately have a use for Discord and Vapour....and then theres Liquid...... :help:

Sickle wrote:
pandashake wrote:I think a Deverb 2 would be AWESOME. :D
I love the interfaces on the old Deverb and Discord 1. I argued in vain for them to stay but crandall would have none of it..

I was lucky enough to get a bundle second hand after it was discontinued. I can understand his reasoning for it, but still... it's a great plug-in. Maybe we can hope for a super reverb with some of the same features from ad in the future.

And with Discord, for some reason, my computer won't see both 1 and 2, so I decided to stay with 1, just because of the interface. It's so...80s.

m-ac wrote:The returns/exchange policy is actually pretty cool so ill be buying Replicant and Fluid next week.

Fluid sounds awesome but I wanted to flange a portion of one of my mixes and had to resort to the Kjaerhus Classic Flanger as Fluid has no option to have it operate in mono on stereo tracks.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Fluid sounds awesome but I wanted to flange a portion of one of my mixes and had to resort to the Kjaerhus Classic Flanger as Fluid has no option to have it operate in mono on stereo tracks.
Possibly because Fluid is a chorus? Liquid is a through-zero flanger, and the offset parameter set to zero will treat both channels as the same.

When the new delay plugin will be released? On the website: sooooooon.....

pandashake wrote:And with Discord, for some reason, my computer won't see both 1 and 2, so I decided to stay with 1, just because of the interface. It's so...80s.
Same here. 1.5 was all I could see with the new versions, but Chris sent me a newer version of v2 that works a treat.

Let him know and he'll get you sorted.

8)

thanks for the info, Sickle. I've been seeing the same issue as pandashake...glad I ain't the only one! :hihi:

I have Fluid, FuzzPlus2, Liquid, PulseModulator, Replicant, Reverance and Vapour. Love them all! Use the modulation ones the most and Reverance often too. Replicant is weird and I like using it along with a delay for added trippiness! Speaking of delay... I CANT WAIT TO GET RICOCHET! How long must we wait? :shrug:

according to chris's blog, ricochet most likely comes out tomorrow.

Just picked up Dr Device and Vapor; long overdue purchases. I should point out that after using Realtor for nearly everything I do, there's no way to ignore the quality of the Audiodamage lineup. I make it a point sheerly to support these guys and the invetsments they make into R & D for future devices.

This isn't to say I don't use them; quite the contrary. What I frequently do is take a Reaktor instrument and strip it's effects section and insert the Audiodamage plugs with astounding results every time.

I have never regretted a single purchase, and the constant whinging about no demo, well..I have an opinion on this.

Quality breeds trust, and these guys are the most consitently quilaity-based delevopers in the boutique/niche market of effects.

Never a single regret, and I have 18 of their plugs and will eventually obtain the rest as finances permit.

Deverb, my favorite plug from them, could do with some optimization, but it's been replaced by Reverence, which rivals many other plate-based verb units many times over the asking prices of others that suffocate the user with endless knobs to tweak which only erode the swiftness of actual composition/mixing stages of song writing.

I can't say enough good things about them. Of course, after all this time, they should have had me beta test the new ones as I blow Steve-0's testing abilities out of the water..

I have Dr.Device, Vapor, Liquid, Fluid and Reverence.
All FX are top notch, totally stable and low on CPU - highly recommended.
I used Vapor on the vocals of my last made song, since I prefered it over all other modulation plugs (and I have a lot) for my voice.
I will buy Ricochet when it comes out, of course.

Sickle wrote:I can't say enough good things about them. Of course, after all this time, they should have had me beta test the new ones as I blow Steve-0's testing abilities out of the water.
Pfffft!

:P

Ricochet might even be out today.

I posted this in the comments on Chris's blog, but here's a simple demo clip of Ricochet for anyone who wants to hear more of it. First stretch showing its rhythmic qualities, second part has to Ricochets stacked to make a sort of cloud effect:

http://www.sighup.ca/test/ricochet_test.mp3

Return to “Effects”