Audio Damage effects - any good?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not for nothing, but it's probably not a bad idea to write me with this sort of issue, especially on the first day of a release. Email info@audiodamage.com with your issue and we'll get you sorted out. That is, unless you're running 10.3.9, in which case you're SOL, and I'm gonna have to give you your money back.

Works fine in Tracktion v1.6 on Windows, but that's the closest I get to your set up. Send Audio Damage an email about it.

[edit] I was too slow for typing.

Is your ASIO driver set to a multiple of 8? If not, that can cause their plugins to go totally apeshit.

Hi Chris, do you reckon you could add a positional info box like the GridSize, Mix etc knobs have, to the controls in the modulation section?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:Hi Chris, do you reckon you could add a positional info box like the GridSize, Mix etc knobs have, to the controls in the modulation section?
As far as I know, that wouldn't work, due to the nature of the controls. (The positional info popups and the stuff on the screen are drawn the same way, as a sub-set of the main view. If we did that, we'd have to have some sort of sub-sub-set, which I'm not sure is possible.)

However, I'll ask Adam and perhaps we can gin something up for a future rev.

And I don't think that dude's problem has anything to do with the buffer size. That aside, you mean to say "power of two," not "multiple of eight." The buffer should absolutely be set to 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, or 1024, despite what those zany kids at Image Line and Edirol would have the world think. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what would cause his problem until I have a full rundown of system version and what-not. I surmise that he's using a version of Tracktion in a version of OS X that doesn't necessarily agree with it, but I won't know until I have all the numbers.

Hi Crandall1,

I am using 10.4.11 imac G5 2Ghz with 2MB RAM with traction2. I also emailed to the address you listed. All of the other AD plugs I have work GREAT! :)

Crandall1 wrote:
morelia wrote:Hi Chris, do you reckon you could add a positional info box like the GridSize, Mix etc knobs have, to the controls in the modulation section?
As far as I know, that wouldn't work, due to the nature of the controls. (The positional info popups and the stuff on the screen are drawn the same way, as a sub-set of the main view. If we did that, we'd have to have some sort of sub-sub-set, which I'm not sure is possible.)

However, I'll ask Adam and perhaps we can gin something up for a future rev.

And I don't think that dude's problem has anything to do with the buffer size. That aside, you mean to say "power of two," not "multiple of eight." The buffer should absolutely be set to 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, or 1024, despite what those zany kids at Image Line and Edirol would have the world think. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what would cause his problem until I have a full rundown of system version and what-not. I surmise that he's using a version of Tracktion in a version of OS X that doesn't necessarily agree with it, but I won't know until I have all the numbers.
Yes. Of course I meant "power of two". :dog:

This is a big problem for me as Creative's stupid ASIO driver stops using powers of two beyond 16, which means I can't use your plugins at all for high-latency mixing, which kinda sucks, because my machine is slower than Bob Dole in a track meet. :(

m-ac wrote:Im eager to try some of the Audio Damage products yet they dont allow demo's of any type on the site, which is a bit baffling...am I meant to buy on the strength of the mp3 demos alone?

I admit, the demos on the whole sound ace and you cant argue at the prices but without using the interface & parameters myself, im not keen on shelling out.

Does anyone here use thier products and what do you think of them? How do they compare to other stuff out there?

Cheers
i use the 914, bigseq, reverance, fluid, vapor, liquid, cmmodulator, and fuzplus, and all of the plugs are very high quality and unique. they all do exactly what they are meant to do and i find the ones i've bought very useful/stable.

the modulation effects (fluid/vapor/liquid) are unlike any others i've tried, and the AD chorus is incredible - nothing i own can touch that one. i've tried quite a few chorus plugs, and the closest to this sound i can get for free is from cobalt chorus but it's still distinctly different.

in the context of sound design, the 914, bigseq, and reverance are awesome. i've not used reverance much on any acoustic recorded stuff yet but i'm a huge fan of plate verbs on acoustic guitar. i anticipate good things with it. 914 is like instant oldschool on anything - try running the GTG44S through that thing :love: - bigseq is an excellent compliment to my MS20 :) i was looking for an SQ-10 like plug and bigseq seems to be the one for me.

dont regret purchasing any of them. i'm sure someone will have told you too that they offer money back guarantee, so if you dont like the plug you can get a refund. i've never actually heard of someone doing that though.. now that i think of it, you dont see AD plugs in marketplace often either. both good signs :)

Looking at Ricochet... (not used it).... it reminds me of that old greenoak plug-in the delayifier.

Doesn't work for me since i installed 10.4 on my mac but it was good.. and free....

if AD released a plugin that was just a picture of dog shit id probably still buy it.

cause i heard dogpoo makes string pads sound lush

Thats cruel! i promised myself i wont buy anything this month.
herd the mp3 demo's and just couldnt resist.

dszep wrote:cause i heard dogpoo makes string pads sound lush
Definately takes off a lot of those highs.

speaking of poo, the filter on Bigseq is nasty, in a good way of course,

In the delay tap dot paremeters page, is it possible to implement the Ctrl click reset function. Especially for the pan position setting. Also, just IMO obviously, the pan slider seems around the wrong way. To me, up is left and down is right :shrug:
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:In the delay tap dot paremeters page, is it possible to implement the Ctrl click reset function. Especially for the pan position setting. Also, just IMO obviously, the pan slider seems around the wrong way. To me, up is left and down is right :shrug:
If you alt-click on a dot, all the parameters of that dot are reset except "snap." Because these controls are custom, and ctrl-click is over-ridden on the dot itself (for Macs that don't have right mouse buttons) we had to do it this way. This is mentioned in the manual.

As for the pan slider seeming the wrong way, sorry about that. It was a design decision on my part, as putting a L/R slider in that window made it look really cluttered. It takes a little getting used to.

Return to “Effects”