Space Boy applicability

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, there,

I just saw Lunch Money and TTOZ singing the praises of SB on another thread and thought I'd throw in a question or two...

Does it work effectively for double-tracked rhythm guitar parts? I don't have the greatest EQ/production skills right now and one area of frustration has been getting double tracked parts to sit right. Or do the parts have to be separate or at least on separate instruments?

And I just read the Elevayta page about SB and don't understand if SB actually corrects the frequencies or if it just shows you the frequencies and then you need to put an EQ plug in with those freq's to correct them.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but for my rock guitar-based mixes which have been lacking something...I hope this could give the final result a boost.

Thanks for any and all input,

- Paul

Hi,

Space Boy corrects the frequencies. It compares, real-time, the frequency spectra of two tracks and compensates the EQ in the track denoted 'Rx' in the places where the frequency content between the two tracks coincide. It does this in real-time and adapts as the EQs change.

There is additional functionality (Wormholes) that enables to display the frequencies that correlate between the two tracks and export an EQ description that can be imported by Voxengo Curve EQ (for those that want it).

The demo is absolutely free to try (but restricted in some features + periodically blanked audio).

Paul

Return to “Elevayta”