Kontakt Example

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if any of you fine ladies or gentlemen would know where I might find an MP3 example of KONTAKT playing back a synth sample with the PORTAMENTO/UNISONO script turned on.

I am looking to purchase some vintage synth samples but before I do, I was wondering if the portamento re-creates the original synth's portamento feature.

I have been looking for a "very long time" to get this feature added to my virtual studio and have been thinking about the old synth method of Portamento. The best guess is that when gliding to a new note, the original notes attack and pitch sound and then the note pitch bends to the newly depressed note. The key being that the original note is retriggered before the glide.

I have been told that Kontakt can do this but would love to hear an example of this portamento using the software sample player.

Thanks so much in advance,
Jim

OK... well I took the plunge. Kontakt 3 arrived this week. Got it installed (hours later, just installing the 33GB of sounds)... sorta figured out how to use it as a PLUG within SONAR. Loaded the .GIG sample programs I made of my old ARP PRO SOLOIST, figured out how to turn on and use the script for PORTAMENTO and all I can say is:

WOW

I have been playing with PC based audio for quite a few years and have been away for awhile, but this is 2 in a row.

I was floored by AMPLITUBE 2 last month and now KONTAKT 3.... I just can't believe how much this technology has advanced in just a few years... this stuff is ACTUALLY GOOD!!!!!!
The keeper of the Shrine.
http://lldom.blogspot.com
The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI

jkleban wrote:Loaded the .GIG sample programs I made of my old ARP PRO SOLOIST, figured out how to turn on and use the script for PORTAMENTO and all I can say is:

WOW
Glad to hear things worked out forya. BTW, love the old Pro Soloists, man! :D
I've got nothing to sell...am I on the right site?

Return to “Instruments”