Recording beats from Addictive Drums as MIDI in Cubase SX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Please anybody advise on how to record Addictive Drums (or, porbably, same as any other VST instrument) beats in Cubase SX3?
I can hear them through MIDI track, the green bars of volume levels are "jumping", but when I push the record button - there is nothing but an empty grey horizontal bar, that is "groing up" until I push stop button. Then everything disappears and that's it.
Sorry for the "terminology" - I am doing my first steps in Cubase.
Thank you.

you can just drag and drop the patterns from AD onto the MIDI track
⬆ Jon from The REAPER Blog

i don't think recording is possible 9in logic it's not) just drag and drop the patterns

Correct, AD doesn't send out midi. Drag'n'drop is the answer! :)
www.xlnaudio.com - Creators of "Addictive Drums"
Demo version available for download!
Check out the new Jazz Paks too :)

Thank you very much, guys!

I have Addictive Drums also.
If I cannot send out midi with it, is there any reason to have a midi keyboard to trigger the samples?

yairhol wrote:I have Addictive Drums also.
If I cannot send out midi with it, is there any reason to have a midi keyboard to trigger the samples?
I often use the included midi files as a starting point and then move the notes around a bit (with the mouse in Cubase's part editor) to suit my particular song.

But sometimes I like to play a particular groove that I hear in my head and then I use my midi keyboard (you can play the samples in AD on a keyboard or some other midi controller)
www.xlnaudio.com - Creators of "Addictive Drums"
Demo version available for download!
Check out the new Jazz Paks too :)

Yeah I think I understand my confusion.
AD doesn't send out the midi output but the keyboard does so I can make up my own beats.
thanks.

Return to “Instruments”