New development perspectives.

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Try this link http://sourceforge.net/projects/sonicports/
This is a recent ported version (by Matterblue) released 13.03.2008 based on the source code ver.2.2.1, and big thanks to the precious work made by MATTERBLUE.

Put an eye also at the page n.1 of this topic.

Ciao.
Paolo BHS.
You can find my music here BuzzMusic BHSMusic

Hello all Zyn lovers,

I managed to find a solution to Zyn's erratic behavior in my host (Ableton Live 6). This might work as well in other hosts.

In Ableton 6 I simply use the Temper Sequencer (a host with an emphasis on MIDI) in its public beta VST form as a sub-host/wrapper. Download is available here:

http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/download.html

This Temper subhost is lean and works well in Ableton 6.
So finally I am able to use Zyn in Ableton Live !

Please, other Ableton users, try that too.

Greetz to all of you.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

UnderwaterSunlight wrote:Hello all Zyn lovers,

I managed to find a solution to Zyn's erratic behavior in my host (Ableton Live 6). This might work as well in other hosts.

In Ableton 6 I simply use the Temper Sequencer (a host with an emphasis on MIDI) in its public beta VST form as a sub-host/wrapper. Download is available here:

http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/download.html

This Temper subhost is lean and works well in Ableton 6.
So finally I am able to use Zyn in Ableton Live !

Please, other Ableton users, try that too.

Greetz to all of you.
Hi, and thanks for the tip! You might want to post it in in the hosts and instruments forums, with differing titles so as not to alert yffeM and friends. Many that tried zyn
and gave up for xyz reasons might never check this forum. Cheers :)

Is the windows and vst version still coded in integer?
---------------------------
http://www.thaproducerz.com

YISH313 wrote:Is the windows and vst version still coded in integer?
What exactly do you mean with that statement?
(ZynAddSubFX is coded in C++ and it uses floats for the majority of its calculations)

oops...wrong thread
---------------------------
http://www.thaproducerz.com

YISH313 wrote:oops...wrong thread
We'll let you off with just the boiling oil this time :D

... next time it'll be the molten lead :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Apologies if I come off as a 'lunix snob' here, but why are people porting zyn to windows/mac as a VSTI? using wine/dssi-vst, we can load windows VSTIs and use rosegarden/seq24/Ardour for sequencing... Anyway, there are plenty of windows synths out there, that we could just load via wine/dssi-vst y'know?

Of course you could say "Well yes mr fuzzball, there are plenty of other windows synths, but other users might want to use zyn, but they use windows, so we're gonna port it to windows"

But, to be fair, I'd counteract that with "then get them to use linux! There are a *lot* of other freeware native synths out there for windows, but not nearly as many of linux. By native, I do of course linux binaries, not using a wrapper for windows VSTIs".

I know I'm being quite snobby with my opinion of "well, it's coded on linux, keep it on the linux platform". But, I don't see ANY other developers porting THEIR VSTIs to a native format for linux!

Count_fuzzball wrote: "then get them to use linux!
thats exactly the point for many of us (me at least for sure..), we dont want to deal with Linux and start learning how to tweak another OS robbing other time to the few hours we dedicate purely to create music or tweak soundsources...
my soundsystem fellow is AGES trying to convert me to Linux, without any chance of getting to it (but he doesnt give up fully :P), since i wont be able to use my main DAW app there (ie Cubase), so its a no-no already from the start, in my opinion..
a different thing would be if i was a 15 yrs kid learning my basic now from scratch, but after more than 10 yrs in habit with Windoze and Cubase, i certainly wont give a single chance to change environment to start learning stuff again i already was able to do in Win environment, not even mentioning doing it ONLY for using a synth...

BTW there are developers porting to linux from Win or Mac, a minority but still there are..

my 2 cents

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

In a perfect world we would have simultaneous ports to every platform (zyn kettle anyone?) but sadly our situation is far from perfect, our devs have limited free time & don't know everything about every OS.

... I'll settle for whatever they can manage :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

No updates? It's still very buggy in FL Studio, but I can figure my way around the bugs, for now. :D

Just minor things like it freezing sound after loading a preset while its playing, or some presets doing upwards 220db. I was quick to unplug my poor headphones, at least. :-o :P

good luck and all the best with the various "ports" this is a amazing piece of software and more people should be able to experience it. I have a alpha vst version from some years back that I wish would work!!!! Good luck guys :)

Yeah, I'm late to the party as usual...

After spending two days putzing around with the 'official' Zyn source code (which turned out to be missing the entire 'DEPENDENCIES' directory...what's up with that?), I just downloaded the full source tarball from your site.

If it does a clean turnkey compile on Visual C++ 2008 Express, I will be in your debt forever. Watch this space.

deraudrl wrote:If it does a clean turnkey compile on Visual C++ 2008 Express, I will be in your debt forever. Watch this space.
Well, that was interesting. Worked way better that the stuff from the 'real' Zyn SourceForge project, mostly because the stuff for the external libraries were included, complete with correct versions and config settings. (Wish I'd known that before I went on a Web-wide scavenger hunt earlier this week.)

I got the standalone ASIO version to compile and work, once I removed the unneeded dsound.lib from the linker dependency list. That's the good news.

The bad news...

The VST compile still blows up most heinously in files main.c, masterui.c, and (duh) vstaudiooutput.c. As noted earlier in this thread, there's a fundamental mismatch between how Zyn and 'normal' VSTs exchange data between the GUI and the audio processor. I got the impression that had been fixed in this version, but either it didn't happen or the fix only works for earlier compiler versions.

Not anybody's fault here, but it appears this compiler is trying to use multiple threads (or maybe even multiple cores) to compile unrelated files. If it starts getting a lot of errors, it eventually gets to the point that the debug database file (vx90.pdb) is being updated by multiple threads and start throwing sharing errors, at which point nothing compiles until you delete the file and start over.

And FWIW, if a project can't include the Steinberg SDKs for licensing reasons, that's ok. What's not ok is buggering up the default VSTSDK directory structure in such a way that it requires the modification of the files to compile properly. Or worse, using both the buggered-up directory structure and the default directory structure at different points in the same project, which means the multiple copies of some SDK files have to exist at different locations. Sheesh.

Dunno if anyone is still following this thread, so I'll probably just shut up for now. Or as Douglas Adams put it, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Im confused, does this great sounding synth play as vst in windows XP? I want to try it in Sonar. What file to download for vst use?

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”