[ runagate ] uptempo demo for my new comb filter FSU

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

runagate - Combo Ver

The plug can be found over HERE

VSTs used:
  • dlM Subhuman VSTi > CombOver v0.1

dlM Sunatomic VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Odo HI VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Odo SN VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Odo TM VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Benedict Roff-Marsh Constellation V VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Benedict Roff-Marsh Virgo 12 VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Bagalama VSTi > CombOver v0.1

Not my usual type of ditty, but it shows off some of the less extremem ways of using CombOver.

Heh heh heh heh heeeeeeeee

This thing is fuckin' fun. :hihi:
You and mancha are some sick dudes. Keep em coming.

pattonfreak1 wrote:Heh heh heh heh heeeeeeeee

This thing is fuckin' fun. :hihi:
You and mancha are some sick dudes. Keep em coming.
OK, will do.

I think you'll like the one I'm working on atm even more.

It sounds like industrial music to me, though I know that's probabyl wildly off the mark even treading into that territory is rare for me. This one, to my ears, sounds like world dance music gone awry. Bagalama kicks ass for a simple rompler, btw.

Wow! I have to agree, this is pure fun but leaning over into the sick zone.
Like it or not (although I do); Well done :-)

G

Hi Runny

Odd as ever. Interesting sound and a nice mix where everything sounds really clear but warm. Any trick there like no reverb?

:)

Comb filter on bass drum, you've discovered the first universally true technique to make good club music (oxymoron?).

If you need the kick to really punch through, comb it over.

Thanks for the music and plugin.
8)

Benedict wrote:Hi Runny

Odd as ever. Interesting sound and a nice mix where everything sounds really clear but warm. Any trick there like no reverb?

:)
I dunno - 5 years of experimenting with ever time domain effect and type of soundstaging and depth of field I could ever imagine? There's no eq, no reverb, just what's listed an FL's old native multiband compressor.

I like SSP III a lot, Benedict :)
This is what resulted from my second half-hour of making sounds with your synths. I've barely delved, but already gotten good sounds!

Genetic_Junk wrote:Comb filter on bass drum, you've discovered the first universally true technique to make good club music (oxymoron?).

8)
Good god I hope not. Everyone that posts about not being able to get a "pro" kick sound (they are clearly not pros then, right? try learning, it does wonders) should be exiled. This must be how Alfred Nobel felt about dynamite.

runagate wrote: Good god I hope not. Everyone that posts about not being able to get a "pro" kick sound (they are clearly not pros then, right? try learning, it does wonders) should be exiled. This must be how Alfred Nobel felt about dynamite.
Get a good kick drum.
A beater with a good mechanism, good action.
Learn to tune it.
Step on it til you arrive at a good tone.

etc...

:wink:

runagate wrote:
Genetic_Junk wrote:Comb filter on bass drum, you've discovered the first universally true technique to make good club music (oxymoron?).

8)
Good god I hope not. Everyone that posts about not being able to get a "pro" kick sound (they are clearly not pros then, right? try learning, it does wonders) should be exiled. This must be how Alfred Nobel felt about dynamite.
But if you promote the comb over kick drum technique you can lay claim to silencing all those who would have asked for the recipe for the pro kick sound. Of course the same people will then ask about the pro bass sound. Maybe the comb over could solve that enigma too. You could overtly transform the entire club music scene into being completely dependent upon the comb over.

Genetic_Junk wrote:But if you promote the comb over kick drum technique you can lay claim to silencing all those who would have asked for the recipe for the pro kick sound. Of course the same people will then ask about the pro bass sound. Maybe the comb over could solve that enigma too. You could overtly transform the entire club music scene into being completely dependent upon the comb over.
What, as opposed to say a 303 or 909 or Virus :lol: :(

And Runny I am glad that you are happy with SSP III :D

hey...I'm back...for more musical lunacy :D

wow, I haven't seen your name here for quite some time.

your last batch of pictures, when I finally logged into my account, were exquisite.

...te hehe...seagulls this afternoon

yes,been so long I have ..ahem...forgotten what a comb filter is :oops:

will have to try it out thanks...okie dokie,one of those :D

Wow, the sub-continent meets alien insect jazz! Some very happening rhythmic moments, I must say. Right on runny! :)
Image Image

Whoa. Way to take me out of my comfort zone without alienating my ears. I dig the rhythmic madness. Its ends rather abruptly though.
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

Return to “Music Cafe”