Midi Learn Problem - Scrubby

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. I am trying to assign midi in scrubby as an effect plugin in Ableton Live 6.0.10. I have tried o assign with both a MPD24 and an Evolution UC-33. Neither has worked thus far.

Please keep in mind that I am already successfully using both midi devices with Ableton.

Steps I have taken:

After opening Ableton and inserting an audio file, I then drag the effect to an audio the track as an effect and it seems to work fine.

I click midi learn.

I move a slider or turn a knob. Nothing happens.

Please advise. Thank you. :help:

I sort-of answered my own question. I still didn't get Scrubby's midi learn function to work, but I found another way.

Here is how I did it.

After inserting the effect, I clicked on the little triangle on the scrubby box in the Ableton effects tray. It slides open.

From here I used Ableton's midi learn feature to assign midi to the sliders of my choice. it's a little trickier to do it this way, but it works great!

Thanks Bram!

Yeah, that's probably the best way, just going with Live's built-in MIDI control system. Our plugin's MIDI learn mechanism is really there for the hosts that don't offer such a feature, but in my opinion, it is ideally a feature that the host offers (then it is available to every plugin, and is the same for every plugin).

But that said, there is also a way to configure MIDI in Live to be sent to plugins that support MIDI input. We have a little section of instructions for Live in our Destroy FX MIDI documentation file. This is more important for our plugins which take MIDI note input, but anyway, the instructions apply either way.

Return to “Smart Electronix”