Seven and Eight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An instrumental track I made for an ongoing contest:

http://vimcortez.free.fr/tracks/oldskooldemoMS.mp3

Don't know what genre to call this. Electro, I suppose.

Comments welcome!

Yeah , definitely Electro. Quite groovy and rhythmically varied with nice arpeggiated sounds and quite catchy. Clean and transparent mix.
:clap:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Yeah , definitely Electro. Quite groovy and rhythmically varied with nice arpeggiated sounds and quite catchy. Clean and transparent mix.
:clap:

m
Cheers Mellotronaut! No arp FX used here.

Here's a revised version with boosted highs here and there:

http://vimcortez.free.fr/tracks/old%20s ... emoMS2.mp3

Which one sounds better to you ?

no arps? :o :tu:

the second version gives a warmer feel ... hmmm ... with boosted hights? ... i must have some problems with my ears ... hmmm

m
"It dreamed itself along"

:D

I also used another limiter on the second version, but theoretically a more "transparent" one. Warmer is good though, too !

First I thought "what a great warm sound". Then I saw the title of the tune in the player ... I'm not a synth guy but the first synth I'd buy would be Zebra :cry:

Yeah I agree with mello, it's got definitely that oldskool electro/breakbeat feel and I like it. It could be expanded to a proper tune but leave that middle piano-only part starting at 0:52 out. Sounds too sweet compared to the excellent, nervous riffs and basslines heard before :wink:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Thanks Zeoy! Yes I suppose it could be turned into a full song... although the initial idea was to make this for the Zebra Oldskool presets contest, so I kept it short.

I kind of like having quieter "bridges" in my tunes... in this case, it also allows me to use more sounds from the demo presets. But you're probably right that it's very (too much?) different from the rest of the tune. Perhaps it would work in the context of a soundtrack, and not so well on the dancefloor. Anyway nobody on a dancefloor would dance to a 7/8 tune!

cheers!

d

Return to “Music Cafe”