Digidesign's Transfuser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know theres not a lot of love for Digi 'round these parts but...

http://www2.digidesign.com/transfuserpr ... rpreview-m

I've got the demo now, but can't play till I get home from work :(

hey, let us know...
edit: well, might as well download the demo too...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Just what we all need - more drum plugs/samplepacks!

1-2-Many wrote:Just what we all need - more drum plugs/samplepacks!
I think the point is that such a thing has been sorely lacking when it comes to pro tools...

This is supposed to give people the "best of both worlds"... the beat and electronica oriented stylings of a program like ableton live, while still being inside the "industry standard" so you can share projects with "the big guys".

Still not going to convince me to get a pro tools rig, but I understand the effort and see no reason why pro tools shouldn't improve itself in this area.

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked that Digi is finally acknowledging people that use DAWs as a creative tool. Hybrid, Strike and Synchronic are very nice and considering the quality of those I'm really looking forward to giving this a spin.

So basically this thing is a cross between Guru and Stylus RMX and they have done a very good job of getting the best of both instruments!

here is what I got after about 5 minutes of playing...

http://www.3amnoise.net/trans_demo.wav

I just loaded a loop into it, and placed a "Beatcutter" effect into one of it's four insert slots. Beatcutter is almost identical to Stylus RMXs Chaos Engine. Also if you right click on any knob you can assign that parameter to one of 12 pattern based automation lanes which are very similar to the ones found in Guru. I've automated the per-slice pitch and filter cutoff in this example.

I'll be back with more... this thing is actually a lot of fun to play with... and the best part, I haven't had to deal with PT's assy midi editor to do any of this!

MitchK1989 wrote:
1-2-Many wrote:Just what we all need - more drum plugs/samplepacks!
I think the point is that such a thing has been sorely lacking when it comes to pro tools...

This is supposed to give people the "best of both worlds"... the beat and electronica oriented stylings of a program like ableton live, while still being inside the "industry standard" so you can share projects with "the big guys".
Well if that's the point it needs a little sharpening - both Stylus RMX and GURU come in RTAS, and those are just two off the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty more.

I honestly agree. Stylus RMX and Guru are awesome products and currently work well in PT, if they expect to keep up with those products Digi are going to have to throw down.

Fortunately, it looks like they have come though with a surprisingly well thought out product. It has a very intuitive semi modular layout that features a Beat Slicer, Battery style drum sampler, phrase sampler with multiple playback modes (including Granular :love: ) and an audio input mode which allows you to sample and loop in real time.

Each sample playback module has it's own internal sequencer type (but sequencer types can be mixed and matched with different sampler types) and each sampler track features a sequencer, sampler and insert section there is also a global resampler and master keyboard for triggering different pattern variations (Guru style). The effects so far are excellent and the beat slicing is extremely acurate (despite my effort to throw it off by using loops with weird timing).

The strongest feature i've found so far is it's ability to function as a multi channel live sampler/looper. You can route audio from any channel within PT and then back out to any other channel. I haven't seen many other product if any that can function this way. Needless to say... I'm having fun.

wow that looks cool, digi's instruments are not bad at all, I'll check this one out.

the sound mangling tools sound very close to dBlue's glitch.

So, GURU + dBlue Glitch = transfuser? :?

Return to “Instruments”