"Nasty 1.2.x" (feature requests)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy folks,

the update 1.2 is available and adds two brand new Plug-Ins - 'NastyCS' and 'NastyVSD' - to this series.

This series contains:

'NastyLF' - adding mojo to the lowend

'NastyLF' is a specific and tuned combination of lowend EQ and output stage.
The low frequency EQ in classic boost/cut design offers both: broad 'oldschool' as well as rather narrow 'modern' curves (switchable) altogether with a variation of that special sounding curve designs when using boost and cut in combination. A new developed output stage offers tasty lowend saturation which can virtually be driven up to 24dB with internal automatic gain compensation.

'NastyHF' - adding mojo to the highend

'NastyHF' is a specific and tuned combination of highend EQ (peak and shelve) and oversampled output stage.
The high frequency EQ offers both: broad 'old school' as well as rather narrow 'modern' curves (switchable). HF peaking is applied on fixed frequencies and the 10kHz filter performs as a shelve. Both designs feature special musical sounding curves.
A new developed and oversampled output stage offers fancy and almost artefact free HF saturation prominently featuring K2 and K3 harmonics with attenuated higher harmonics.

'NASTYtableTop' - signal coloring made easy

'NASTYtableTop' is a low-mid frequency booster which increases perception in this frequency range by saturation. In subtle amounts this is perceived as a kind of 'phatness' while in extrem settings this is going to be perceived as 'muddy' and/or 'distorted'.

'NastyVSD' - a "virtual summing device".

"NastyVSD" is a kind of "summing device" effects simulator and features some of the effects which can appear while going outboard (out of a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)) and receiving a analog summed stereo mix back into the DAW. When doing this, "safety limiting" or even AD clipping is performed, so this is included in this simulation as well. When driven hard (aka abused), this could be used for maximising purposes as well.

'NastyCS' - a character channelstrip.

'NastyCS' features the very best "nasty" things coming from this Plug-In series and additionally two mid frequency EQ's originally developed for the BootEQ Plug-In as well as high- and low-pass filtering.

Requirements:
Windows XP, SSE support
Tested and known to work in many VST compatible hosts

Download of latest version and release info can be found>>> here <<<.

Have fun with it.
peace!
Last edited by bootsie on Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 16 times in total.
follow me on Image

Looks GREAT!!!

Release it!
Release it!
Release it!
Release it!
Release it!
Release it!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

I don't trust a signal coloration plug-in that's all black!

...just kidding. I've been looking at several plug-ins to color the sound. No surprise, Vintage Warmer has been one of the best. Awaiting eagerly for these. :D

Yummy GUI !
Congratulations, i can't wait to try it ;)

By saying "Getting the lowend", do you also mean that it makes it phase-coherent ?

sinkmusic wrote:Yummy GUI !
Congratulations, i can't wait to try it ;)

By saying "Getting the lowend", do you also mean that it makes it phase-coherent ?
no, it's designed to color the sound.
I have to add that this a creative/mixing tool not a mastering thingy.
follow me on Image

Are you positively sure that it's 600ohm? Wouldn't that load the nowadays soundcards a bit too much? I understand that it's all retro and that, but changing the impendance to 10k would make it a safer bet for computers. What do you think?

Some screws on the front are rusty. Please use a MOS2 Spray for cleaning.:D :D
I think another great bootsie release. :)

What can I say :o ?

Awesome design, and surely awesome sound too. Will check this out as soon as it gets released =D !

Looks really GREAT!!!
DSP with attitude

:shock: :hyper:

If that thing sounds half as good as it looks... Can't wait to try it out.

hey bootsie, you can't stop working on new stuff, can't you? :D

looks wonderful, looking forward :hyper:
cheers!
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

I agree ... the GUI is f**king awsome!!!
Can't wait to check out the sound (already like and use some of the other Bootsy-Plugs).

That GUI is gorgeous. I hope that when you return to BootEQ to get it working at rates above 44.1khz you give it a similar GUI overhaul. BootEQ has become my new favorite on bass on the drum bus even with the occasional crash on project close. This new series is very exciting...

looking forward to see,if this is as good as the stuff vieris is releasing,if it is then bootsie is in my top 3 of developers

Return to “Effects”