Free singing synth/talk box?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for a free virtual instrument where I can type in a phrase which is reproduced through the synth/talkbox. Something like the free text-to-speech thing found on apple computers, except aimed towards music production.

So, suggestions? Any input is appreciated!

AnalogX Say-It

It's not a plug-in, but it is free. Generate the WAV you want then chuck it into a sampler or slicer.

ooo, should've mentioned that I have a mac :(

Not sure if it works on the mac, but for NON PHRASE singing, the delay lama is a cute little singing synth - kind of a monk, but it works and is free. You CANNOT type words with it though.

Prodyon makes a drum sampler/talking sample player - cannot remember the name - it may not be free, but it will be FAR less expensive than anything else - but the spoken files are literally wav files pre-recorded - so you'd have to work around that - no real synthesis there.

Now if you want a commercial one, there's Cantor and the Yamaha Vocoloid series - but they are a BITCH to program to get anything really good out of them. Virsyn Cantor being the easiest of the bunch.

Understand that too much work and programming has to go into such a product, so I doubt there will ever be one totally for free.

Mike

farbrausch.

i have a cheesy singing synth called synger. it's more complicated to program though.

go about a minute into this for an idea of the sound. it's very lofi.
http://www.xoxos.net/music/honey.mp3
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Instruments”