guitar for video game track: not really necessary after all.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy

I'm writing a tune for a simple video game and I'd like some guitar on it. I guess I could play it but these days I find it hard to spend time in my proper studio where my guitar and voice recording gear is (sorry if this sounds self-important).

I'm not paid on this one so I can't offer money but full credit will be given of course.

Don't know what the final license for the music and the recording will be, some form of Creative Commons probably.

Here's the tune:

http://vimcortez.free.fr/tracks/catch%2 ... 0theme.mp3

And same in wav if you want to have a go:

http://vimcortez.free.fr/tracks/catch%2 ... 0theme.rar

(120 bpm)

I suppose some sort of playful rhythm track/ licks would work well.

Hope someone has fun with this one.

v
Last edited by dacaumodo on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

do you really think it needs it?

Actually I'm not sure, you might be right.

Do you think it's quite full already? I could make room for some guitar doodling I suppose.

Well let's see if someone wants to have a shot, and if it can work with the rest of the arrangement.
As it is there's drums, bass, wurli, the 8 bit style synth, an organ. marimba. MMmh, quite a lot already :D

dacaumodo wrote:Do you think it's quite full already? I could make room for some guitar doodling I suppose.
yes. rhythmically more than anything else. :)

Thanks for listening and for the tip. ;)

I don't hear any guitar here. One would tend to just add the texture to the rhythm in a trebly riddim part and/or double the melody part with something beefy, maybe give it some 'guitar' personality. But those roles are already basically covered. It wouldn't hurt it, but is it worth the trouble, would be my thought.

OK, I think you guys are right. Thanks for the suggestions, they are much appreciated.

I will perhaps add some trebly percs right and left for more snap, crackle and pop.

Cheers!

v

bump to first say congrats on a vid game gig, Vim. Doing gratis work can lead to bigger things later, so best of luck on this endeavor.

Second, I agree it really doesn't need guitar really. But I am looking forward to what this becomes now that you are adding percs.

Return to “Music Cafe”