Favorite Autechre track/album?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hoyhoy,

Autechre
is one of my favorite bands and seem to keep pushing the sonic boundaries into unheard territory. So I was wondering if other forum dwellers appreciate their creative work.

So what is/are your favorite Autechre track or album?

And if you care to - why?

Probably Corc from LP5, although lately I've really been loving Pir from EP7.

Nope, sorry, never hear...Actually I have heard of em but probably never heard one of their songs. I believe they are a pop combo fronted by one chap?

Tri Repetae

fridtjof wrote:Hoyhoy,

Autechre
is one of my favorite bands and seem to keep pushing the sonic boundaries into unheard territory. So I was wondering if other forum dwellers appreciate their creative work.

So what is/are your favorite Autechre track or album?

And if you care to - why?

I find a lot of their stuff completely unbearable, but I do love Incunabula, as well as Amber to a slightly lesser extent.

I prefer their later stuff, but overall Draft 7.30 seem to have a nice mix of their dark hiphop vibes and their chaotic electronic soundscapes.

Pir is a wicked track indeed, as well as Rae.

Overall my favorite track is Surripere. Soothing at first and then gets all aggressive at the end.

Very good question and this is a bit of an odd story...

i would have to vote for 'Amber' as the album as its the first record i heard by the duo and i live close to the great shithole known as manchester and that record just had a great feel to it and their choice of sounds and programming is truely stunning, although i also rate draft 7.30 and Confield highly. I am not really a fan of electronic music as my cup of tea is brutal death metal/thrash metal and loads more metal on top of that however me and my best friend of 21 years meet up regular and even though are musical tastes could not be more different we introduce each other to stuff we either think is well written/has a unique quality about it/production techniques used and also what gear was used, and Autechre possess all the points we reference as far as discussing and exchancging records with one another although the genre may differ immensely however good artists do not differ regardless of genre and yeah i think i gave him a meshuggah record and he gave me a copy of amber so thats the album which has stuck as my fave by them and this is coming from someone whom really has not much of a clue as to what electronic music is as i wake up and chill out to bands such as Akercocke, Slayer, Aborted, Megadeth, Incantation, Suffocation, Lamb Of God, The Haunted....and the list is endless! Quite a strange one for sure ;) So for me:

Album = Amber
Track = I really can not choose between Track 01. Foil or Track 05. Glitch

From a metalhead since birth '82 :shock:

LP5

fridtjof wrote:I prefer their later stuff, but overall Draft 7.30 seem to have a nice mix of their dark hiphop vibes and their chaotic electronic soundscapes.

Pir is a wicked track indeed, as well as Rae.

Overall my favorite track is Surripere. Soothing at first and then gets all aggressive at the end.
I just realized I don't have Draft 7.30. I'll have to get that one for sure.

I've been meaning to get more of their albums. All I have is Amber, which is pretty great.

Last track on Draft I think

All of Amber.

I like Tri Repetae and Incunabula as well. Everything I've heard from them after those doesn't do anything for me. I've been unable to connect with it. Don't hate it, just don't like to listen to it.

At nekro.machine:
I actually know quite a few with a mixed taste of dark metal and dark electronic. Autechre's organized chaos can get quite heavy, just listen to Gantz Graf for some epileptic intricate noise.

I am a totally hopeless fanboi for Ae! As far as I'm concerned they have never put out anything that wasn't perfection. Everything I do is influenced by Rob and Sean somehow and as the highlight of my year so far I got to tell them so when they came to LA not long ago.

As far as favorites... "VI Scose Poise" ranks high, "pir", "Lentic Catachresis"... well, I'd have to say all of Confield, Cichlisuite, Incunabula... ugh, I can't choose! It's all my favorite for different reasons and at different times.

From my limited exposure to them - Arch Carrier from LP5 stands out.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”