Polyslax - Amérequin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OMG, I think I can dance to this... yeah, I'm sure you youngsters will find the tempo pretty sleepy, but for an old geezer such as myself I can do this without pulling a muscle. :)

Amérequin

128 bit .mp3
8.8 mb
9:34 mins

Thanks to all who check it out! :)
Image Image

Ok this track is a nice one, a bit too weird for my liking tho. But still I like it alot. That's my review. Good work Poly.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Rain dripping through the roof of an industrial complex
Some metal insects
Machines talking to each other
Computers tea (data) break
Robot cleaners doing the rounds
Automatic rubbish shute
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

jobromedia wrote:Ok this track is a nice one, a bit too weird for my liking tho. But still I like it alot. That's my review. Good work Poly.
Thanks for checking it out anyhow jobro! Just something I had to get out of my system. :)
Image Image

folderol wrote:Rain dripping through the roof of an industrial complex
Some metal insects
Machines talking to each other
Computers tea (data) break
Robot cleaners doing the rounds
Automatic rubbish shute
Cheers folderol! I'm glad it puts some images across and the machine theme is right in line with my thoughts.
Image Image

I think this sounds like something I'd make at a slower rate-of-change and the ideas spead out into a jam instead of compressed into a black hole. And the drums are drums instead of being vocoded through the synths ;)

Really what stands out to me, above and beyond the excellent arrangement and even-for-you maintainance of attention and interest over such an epic length track, is all the e-piano leads. Really fine playing off a peculiar vamp!You floor me sometimes, poly.

Did you just name a song after a pubic hair wig?

I really enjoyed the grooviness of this :) Would have liked it to be a little grungier though. The organic ep sits really well with all the synthetic blips and bloops as it is. Thansk!

Oddly enough, justin, remember my song "Slippery"? But I named it that because I was trying to score a totally different song called that and ended up with what I got... I renamed it "Merkin Fiberoptique" and that's what it's called on my mp3 pages, like here: www.musicfreedom.com

Weird that you'd catch that in the title instantly.

We all 3 are nerds :D

I loves the song still at play #4.

Interesting prog rock type synthwork, nice vibe. The vox'd percusion marries well with the e. piano. A little tape noise hiss or when a vintage mic's gain is turn up so loud you can hear the background noise it imparts, I would have put noise in the background pitched at the transitions. But thats just me trying to make everything a little more ambient. Makes me want to order a double scotch and sit down on a fancy couch.
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

runagate wrote:I think this sounds like something I'd make at a slower rate-of-change and the ideas spead out into a jam instead of compressed into a black hole. And the drums are drums instead of being vocoded through the synths ;)

Really what stands out to me, above and beyond the excellent arrangement and even-for-you maintainance of attention and interest over such an epic length track, is all the e-piano leads. Really fine playing off a peculiar vamp!You floor me sometimes, poly.
Thanks runny! On 2 of my recent tracks, this one and my drumity track for Le Mirobelle Schnaps I sensed you looking over my shoulder... not exactly like you but there's something in there that reminds me of your work... and your compressed into a black hole comment may sum up the difference perfectly.
Image Image

justin3am wrote:Did you just name a song after a pubic hair wig?
:lol: Not that I'm aware! It's just a silly little play on words. Requin means shark in French.
justin3am wrote:I really enjoyed the grooviness of this :) Would have liked it to be a little grungier though. The organic ep sits really well with all the synthetic blips and bloops as it is. Thansk!
Thanks Justin! This may be the most labour intensive track I've ever done. Sifting through 539 bars of improv sequencing one bar at a time. Hand warping the roughly 180 1 bar loops I extracted. Making 79 samples, trimming, gain adjusting and creating a drum kit with them, etc... and this was just laying the groundwork before adding the epiano, bass and a bunch of other drums. All this to say I had some more resonant parts that I tamed or removed, but yes, a grungy version would be nice... maybe down the road.
Image Image

runagate wrote:We all 3 are nerds :D

I loves the song still at play #4.
Yup, and thanks! :D
Image Image

s4w2th wrote:Interesting prog rock type synthwork, nice vibe. The vox'd percusion marries well with the e. piano. A little tape noise hiss or when a vintage mic's gain is turn up so loud you can hear the background noise it imparts, I would have put noise in the background pitched at the transitions. But thats just me trying to make everything a little more ambient. Makes me want to order a double scotch and sit down on a fancy couch.
Thanks s4w2th! Aye, scotch and a fancy couch would be nice... :)
Image Image

Groovy EP over solid beat & bass + some lovely blips 'n blops. Yummy!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

nice track this is..., a tad different from my own kind of music though. can I post that here too? (btw I see you are a bit of a postman over here :) , will check some more of yer music out. may I play them on my radioshow (not on the net)?

thanks! data-blister
Blister!

Return to “Music Cafe”