Help!! Is my Roland D50 dead?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Today I switched on my Roland D50 only to find the display with no patch names. All I get is filled squares where the patch names should be. :(

What should I do? Is it a funeral for my D50?

Please advise

Artmuzz

Dead battery ?

jupiter8 wrote:Dead battery ?
Maybe.

I opened up my D50 to see what was wrong and checked all the cables. Then I switched it back on and it seems to be working now. :) I don't know what was wrong but I'll take you advise and try a new battery just incase it happens again.

Artmuzz

jupiter8 wrote:Dead battery ?

Yup...typical behavior for a dying battery.
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

Sounds more like a spill to me. In any event, it will be worth replacing the battery when you open it. It will be a CR2032 lithium button cell.
Please understand that this is coming from someone who quotes Terry Pratchett - Melkor

hackenslash wrote:Sounds more like a spill to me. In any event, it will be worth replacing the battery when you open it. It will be a CR2032 lithium button cell.
Nothing was ever spilt over my D50 and no sign of wetness.

Its happened to me again and I have to switch off and on a few times to get the D50 successfully on. Its a row of dim lit squares that are stuck on the display.

Will I need soldering equipment to get the battery out?

Cheers

Artmuzz

No. It's dead simple. Pop out the old one, and the new one snaps in.
Please understand that this is coming from someone who quotes Terry Pratchett - Melkor

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”