My first invention

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, not of the Zappa kind, but rather something much more humble. I'm calling all classical boffins to freely critisize
Sepheritoh's first invention

I've been reading far too much about things I do not understand. In the process I came accross Goetschius's theory of counterpoint and his famous "invention".

I did not want my invention to sound like a Bach chorale, so I opted for the guitarist's oldest trick in the book: fingerpicking. I know fingerpicking arpegios is not true counterpoint, but it does sound much better than the "choppy" 16th note chromatic runs. For those who know what I am talking about, I bow down to your supperior knowledge.

... but nevertheless it has a classical feel.

Nice finger-picking there :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Very nice ! the choice of notes, melodies and playing style are (without any doubt) trademarks of your own style.
I recognize your touch instantly
Cool stuff !

Cheers

Thanks!! Your comments are appreciated.

Glad my own style still remains recognizable and the "classical rules" has not yet corrupted me.

Dropped it right into my road trip folder. I don't know the theory well enough to say anything more than it's really a pretty piece.

Sepheritoh wrote: I did not want my invention to sound like a Bach chorale,
I don't think Bach's inventions sound anything like his chorales either....

This is pleasant and the alternating guitars are reminiscent of inventions that I know where a theme is thrown around. I'll overlook the fact that picking chords is not really polyphony.

Victor.

One of my most favourite styles.
Very well done.
:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Pleasant listening. I wanted to say something more, but nothing else come up on me.

Return to “Music Cafe”