KnobMan/SkinMan Examples

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

repeat post :?
Last edited by Hlis93 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leslie Sanford wrote:Metallic Switch

I used the shape feature to model the stem. It's the first time I've used this feature.

The results are ok.
good start.
Last edited by Hlis93 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leslie Sanford wrote:I began modeling this knob by using a knob schematic I found on the web. However, the more I worked on it, the less it looked like the schematic. The end result is nothing like I expected. I like the interplay of the shadows.

Eagle Eye Knob
now that is totally neat and interesting.

More UI practice

The original

Done with KnobMan/SkinMan:

Turned out pretty well. The footswitches are the biggest weakness. Those round LED buttons... they look a little funny. That's all I'm sayin'. :oops:

do you sleep much? :o

Kriminal wrote:do you sleep much? :o
Sleep? What's that? :shock:

Hi !
Didn't know about this thread, I was on g200kg original thread, out there :lol:

I needed a realistic led.
So I took a picture and layered it onto larger metal circles.

Here is the result.
LedOffOn

Feel free to use and/or modify it.

Regards,
Arthur.

Leslie Sanford wrote:More UI practice

The original

Done with KnobMan/SkinMan:

Turned out pretty well. The footswitches are the biggest weakness. Those round LED buttons... they look a little funny. That's all I'm sayin'. :oops:
techno-nipples!

Nice work Leslie :)

DSP

Art60 wrote:Image
LedOffOn
Hi again ...

I went on for my led and thought to change behaviour from FrameMask to Alpha blending : It enables me to get smoothly appearing / vanishing indicators 8) .

Had several colors of leds so I made them all the same way.

ImageLed_Red

ImageLed_Amber

ImageLed_Yellow

ImageLed_Green

ImageLed_Blue

ImageLed_UV

Grab as you like :) !

Regards,
Arthur.

--
Last edited by Hlis93 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Leslie Sanford wrote:More UI practice
Hi Leslie,
Very nice! Almost Pro! :)

One thing should help, though: When our dear g200kg have it fixed, I think you'd better have coherent lighting effects on your knobs & buttons.
Rotating knobs have a light just on top of 'em but led push buttons and other ones have -45° emboss.

What's your own opinion about it?

Just my 2 p. :wink:

Best regards,
Arthur.

Hlis93 wrote:Image
Cool ! But it really needs to be a little less dark in the shadow. I will love it.
ImageImage

Thanks to all designers - I appreciate your work very much. :tu:
One wish as we have so many knobs now: how about some sliders (as there is a lack of that in knobman).
ImageImage

Art60 wrote: One thing should help, though: When our dear g200kg have it fixed, I think you'd better have coherent lighting effects on your knobs & buttons.
Rotating knobs have a light just on top of 'em but led push buttons and other ones have -45° emboss.

What's your own opinion about it?
Yup. I agree, and noticed the same thing but was too lazy to fix it. :)

The lighting angle in the original picture, which I tried to model for the background, appears to be 0 degrees. But then the embossing on the footswitches and pushbuttons is at -45 degrees, so they don't match up.
Last edited by Leslie Sanford on Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOK wrote: One wish as we have so many knobs now: how about some sliders (as there is a lack of that in knobman).
Here is one:

Silver Slider Thumb

This is the first slider thumb I've done that I've really liked. The key was to use the shape feature to create an hourglass-like shape on top. That seemed to work nicely here.

Another one (very simple):

Simple Slider Thumb

EDIT: The idea with the slider thumbs is that you create the actual slider track in SkinMan instead of KnobMan; the track is actually a part of the background. The slider thumb then moves on top.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”