No sound in Samplitude- possible bug?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, copied from the Samplitude forum, with my EXACT steps for "fixing" this:

Ok, strange development.

First of all, it works now. Here's what I did. First of all, I confirmed that the problem still existed(after doing other non-audio things on my computer all day). It did.

I hooked up my Toneport interface, started up Samplitude, and all of a sudden, my ASIO4ALL driver worked. I did NOT switch to the Toneport, and my MIDI controller was connected. So I closed Samplitude, unhooked the Toneport, started up again, and then no sound. Problem was back. Ok, strange, considering I didn't switch to the driver.

So I closed Samplitude, hooked up the Toneport, started Samplitude, and changed to the Toneport driver. The Toneport worked, as expected. Switch back to ASIO4ALL, without disconnecting Toneport, and all seems to work fine. Great! Of course, it worked when I first hooked up the Toneport as well. So I closed Samplitude, unhooked the Toneport, then restarted with the ASIO4ALL drivers still active. Everything worked! MIDI controller was hooked up and playing fine, and no Toneport hooked up, and all works as expected.

So I'm guessing that somehow the INI file may have logged something that locked up the ASIO4ALL driver, and when a new device was seen, it overwrote that information when restarting Samplitude with the new driver loaded. So now the INI file didn't contain the corrupt information any more and all was fine. The ini files WERE modified in some way according to the date and time, with a timestamp of just a few minutes ago when I figured it out.

So maybe that was it? I mean, I will never know. I should have made a copy so I could compare. Next time it happens, I'll rename the ini and then switch back and forth to see the problem.

I didn't get to the bottom of it, but only have this as a guess. But at least I can use it now. I'll post back if this happens again. Crossing my fingers.........
My host is better than your host

wuschel wrote: AFAIR, SAM is based on a Logic engine (or I'm mixing things up in my mind). If you have a dedicated MIDI device, it would enable that as the default MIDI out as well.
NO NO NO NO!!!! Who told you that nonsense?!?!?
We never ever used any Emagic code ourselves. Even never seen such.
Back in the days ('til 2003 or so), we had contracts with them to include a small version of Logic with MusicStudio.

Since a couple of years, we've developped Midi ouselves & from scratch. BTW, it's no secret: our Midi Guru (Frank, since ~Sam 9, AFAIR) is the former head of the NI Reaktor Team ;) He did all recent work, the editor, engine rework, Scoring etc.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

I thought that sounded a little bit odd and it didn't make sense. Although I did remember the version of Logic you spoke of as I used to HAVE that version of Music Studio. So I didn't say anything because I didn't know for sure.

Brent
My host is better than your host

sascha wrote:
wuschel wrote: AFAIR, SAM is based on a Logic engine (or I'm mixing things up in my mind). If you have a dedicated MIDI device, it would enable that as the default MIDI out as well.
Back in the days ('til 2003 or so), we had contracts with them to include a small version of Logic with MusicStudio.
Berlin intervening here because I did get things mixed up. I was indeed thinking of the MIDI-half of MusicStudio. Mea culpa!

AFAIR (which means nothing, as has been shown) SAM originally came from Dresden, right?

wuschel wrote: AFAIR (which means nothing, as has been shown) SAM originally came from Dresden, right?
It's still that way. Tilman & Titus (formal SEK'D founders) are still steering the developers' ship; Titus himself (who did the first version in '89 on an Amiga...) is still into coding and technological decisions.

The dev HQ is Dresden. But a few of us are spread elsewhere, as with 3 devs being here in Berlin... apart from other Berlin dev teams, such as web, database & Java development for various products & services. Quite a bunch of people, as usual with companies of similar diversity.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:

Since a couple of years, we've developped Midi ouselves & from scratch. BTW, it's no secret: our Midi Guru (Frank, since ~Sam 9, AFAIR) is the former head of the NI Reaktor Team ;) He did all recent work, the editor, engine rework, Scoring etc.
FRANK ROCKS!!!

Just frankly (pun intended) awesome work on the Samplitude MIDI tools over th.

Greg

And Sascha rocks also!!! :)

Greg

Seems to be a major issue with Samplitude and ASIO drivers going by the amount of issues after googling the problem and I am using an Audient interface.

Lots still don't have answers.

Smasha wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 am Seems to be a major issue with Samplitude and ASIO drivers going by the amount of issues after googling the problem and I am using an Audient interface.

Lots still don't have answers.
You mean not selecting the correct outputs.

15 years...

No sound again.

What do you expect here, especially after 15 years?
Contact the support, and provide the information they request in order to be able to offer help, otherwise you're not going to achieve anything. It could be monitoring, hw/driver induced or just plain user error. But customer support has the experience to drill down with you.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

sascha wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am

Isn't Vadim Zavalishin the head of reaktor team , since like forever (introduction of core language 2005 ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'm an old man, you're asking something from 15 years ago. I can hardly remember my own name ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”