Convert fxb bank to fxp single patches?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to get the single patches out of fxb file?
For some reason I'm unable to load fxb into Revitar 2 in FL Studio either by importing vst bank/preset or dragging from FL browser.
It seems like single fxp can load, but not fxb.

Hi Musical Gym :)

just save the Single-Patches which you like ;)
i don't know a specific programm to do this ... 8)

...C.U...

My problem is I have Revitar 2 fxb banks, but they aren't loading for me when I try to import into vst in FL Studio. So I can't see the fxp files to save.

You can do the reverse .fxp to .fxb with DM BankMaker2. I don't know of an app that will convert the other way around though?

Thanks for suggestion.
I'll do some research. It doesn't make sense that these files aren't loading into Revitar 2 since they are patches created for it.

Only a workaround, but have you tried using a free host (like VSTHost) to load Revitar 2 and then try loading the .fxb? One could then export the .fxp.

Assuming it is a FL problem, which it may not be.

Musical Gym wrote:Is there a way to get the single patches out of fxb file?
For some reason I'm unable to load fxb into Revitar 2 in FL Studio either by importing vst bank/preset or dragging from FL browser.
It seems like single fxp can load, but not fxb.
Wusik VM or TobyBear minihost will do this

Hi,

You may be able to find VSTHost quite useful. I've not had need to do a "batch" conversion of a FXB to FXP's so I'm not entirely sure if it could do this. I do however know that VSTHost can export individual fxps without much fuss - the plug-in's name preceding the selected preset name.

:)

Thanks for all your help. I'm sure to get it working now.

Aren't there really any full automatic solutions yet for both

Code: Select all

.fxb      ->  n * .fxp    and
n * .fxp  ->  .fxb  conversions
which should of course work with any vsti and vst effect, not just with some of them?
I just checked the direction .fxb to n * .fxp for VSTHost and using AutoHotkey it should be possible to automate the whole process as you have access to all necessary functions via the menus.

Do you know any other solutions? It seems the basics are forgotten or just ignored in the whole race of developing thousands of audio processing effects and sound generating vsti's. :)

trackzone wrote:Aren't there really any full automatic solutions yet for both
Yes - as I said above - Wusik VM does this

Musical Gym wrote:My problem is I have Revitar 2 fxb banks, but they aren't loading for me when I try to import into vst in FL Studio. So I can't see the fxp files to save.
Hi, get Reaper and Cantabile, or probably minihost too, no up-front costs, one of those should load Revitar and your fxb, then save fxps to which folder you choose. Also, when you do, try to build a new fxb with your 'keepers', using Minihost, there is a chance re-saving it in a stable well coded app may change some oddity in your favor, allowing it to work in FL S
Cheers

( just in case, in Reaper, click the + sign, to the right of the plugin preset title bar, to load a patch bank. (My, how intuitive :wink: )

In the Reaper demo default project, find the green FX button in each track its where you click to open a plugin gui, When it pops up, highlite the title, and click the 'remove'
button in its window, then click the add button to load Revitar. Reaper has to scan first
to find new plugins, @ options, preferences, VST menu, then choose the asio and controller, and...well, you know the drill :) The bar in the bottom of each track window is where you choose midi or audio inputs.)

Cheers :)

Wusik VM just breaks the whole bank into single fxps in one go though - just takes a few seconds.

Cantabile is great for more refined patch management though (including building fxb's).

Cantabile will save all the Fxp's from a Fxb into the file of your choice.
Music is the best

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks for suggestion.
I'll do some research. It doesn't make sense that these files aren't loading into Revitar 2 since they are patches created for it.
It may be simply that the application expects the files to be in a particular directory for that purpose, eg., 'presets', and they're somewhere else.

Return to “Instruments”