Any prog guys in the NY area?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Desperately seeking a talented keyboardist in the NYC/NJ area...full info about the band and audio samples in my sig, PM if interested!

Bump!

Bump!

This is a fun band to be in, guys! Get off the computer for once and come play some keys instead of clicking in your piano rolls!

jplanet wrote:Bump!

This is a fun band to be in, guys! Get off the computer for once and come play some keys instead of clicking in your piano rolls!
lol -
I'd love to, if only the commute wasn't so far!

Hey, is there a story behind the "inconvenient compromise" ...If not, it's still a great title. 8)

Sorry, not a keyboardist, and not in the area yet (and not a progressive rock guy). Just caught sight of the title, because this (NY) will finally be home in just a couple months. I can't wait to get out the place I refer to as Purgatory (sorry to all who live here... In 3 years, this place has just never agreed w/my tastes).

Bluedad, you would be uniquely qualified in that I used your Yamaha AN1X all over the first album, so at least you'd have the sounds!

Elxicano - Good luck in NYC! Inconvenient Compromise is actually quoted from an argument between a couple having major relationship issues...not a typical lyrical concept in prog! (unless you're Peter Gabriel, I suppose).

It bears repeating - there are 20,000 people in here who all debate the finer points of synthesis and MIDI controllers everyday - and so many prog guys hang out here -- WHERE ARE YOU??!!!

I've run ads on Craigslist as nauseum, posted in every keyboard player forum you could imagine. It's a signed band with a respectable following for crying out loud, with no care for age or looks, easy schedule that can work around any day job or family responsibilities...and not a SINGLE response! I could understand if we were in the middle of nowhere, but we're in NY! ARGHHHH!!!! :cry: :cry:

Im in DA BRONX

musicman7p wrote:Im in DA BRONX
So....when do you want to audition? :D

Just one more bump for the workin'-for-the-weekend crowd before I move on...

Too bad I'm not in the area. I really like the music on your site. I've found it's always hard for people to find keyboardists in any genre, but especially prog. Of course, I've never had to look for a keyboardist, but I've had to turn down lots of offers just because of a lack of time. Good luck with your search.

DocAtlas wrote:Too bad I'm not in the area. I really like the music on your site. I've found it's always hard for people to find keyboardists in any genre, but especially prog. Of course, I've never had to look for a keyboardist, but I've had to turn down lots of offers just because of a lack of time. Good luck with your search.
Thanks, Doc, glad you like the music!

Pittsburgh is a 6-hour schlep, definitely a bit too far. If someone is within 2 or 3 hours from NYC, we'd be willing to meet halfway, maybe only rehearse every other week and just spend mor etime rehearsing at home individually...

Return to “Music Cafe”