Jazzyspoon digital trash

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IN WAVES

Chilly ~ Groovy ~ Technoid ~ Elegantoid

SLOWN

Discovery Of The Tardiness ~ J5 meets AsiaticKineticBlowBeat ~ ChlericalMultiTimbralSilence

INHUMANIZE

tUNNELeNTRANCE ~ sNEAK ~ cHASE ~ hIDE ~ oVERUN ~ eLIMINATE ~ cAPTURED ~ bREAKING oFF ~ gO bALLISTIC ~ fINAL sHOWDOWN ~ mADNESS

slown at the beginning was reminding me quite a bit of some of can's tago mago album, which is a very good thing. then that funk with the string bass brought just the right element of variety. like rachmiel, i am really impressed by the clarity and definition you achieve with this track--there is a lot of crazy stuff going on, and it's easy to lose the plot in something like that, but here it's all in living color.

i'll listen to the rest later, just thought i'd comment on this one right now.

IN WAVES: love the discreet bells at beginning (made me think of lazysnake vst) and then a Paisly Park strings hesitating. Some cool breakcore action too. Mix is crystal clear. My favourite of the three.

SLOWN:
Like the phantomatic voices at the beginning, they sound like they're trapped behind a mirror or something. Love the idea of an upright bass on the beat. Adds some great background growling.

INHUMANIZE: like the metallic bounding sounds at the beginning. I feel like the beat is falling on itself and that's great. Like a car crash every second beat or so. This would sell a video game by the bucketload regardless of the game's actual worth! I imagine this in some sort of fast paced race game.

I'm so jealous of your talent! I really wish you found the time for a video tutorial one of these days.

v

drumity wrote:IN WAVES

Chilly ~ Groovy ~ Technoid ~ Elegantoid

SLOWN

Discovery Of The Tardiness ~ J5 meets AsiaticKineticBlowBeat ~ ChlericalMultiTimbralSilence

INHUMANIZE

tUNNELeNTRANCE ~ sNEAK ~ cHASE ~ hIDE ~ oVERUN ~ eLIMINATE ~ cAPTURED ~ bREAKING oFF ~ gO bALLISTIC ~ fINAL sHOWDOWN ~ mADNESS
Thanks, D! I love these kind of responses. They say a lot to me and I somehow completely understand them.

jmeier wrote:slown at the beginning was reminding me quite a bit of some of can's tago mago album, which is a very good thing. then that funk with the string bass brought just the right element of variety. like rachmiel, i am really impressed by the clarity and definition you achieve with this track--there is a lot of crazy stuff going on, and it's easy to lose the plot in something like that, but here it's all in living color.

i'll listen to the rest later, just thought i'd comment on this one right now.
Thanks for tuning in, jopy. I try very hard to find separation and depth in my sounds/tracks so that I can handle being as busy musically as I am inspired to be. It doesn't always work out for em the way I intend it to, but I'm glad you found this one had good enough clarity and plot. :)

dacaumodo wrote:IN WAVES: love the discreet bells at beginning (made me think of lazysnake vst) and then a Paisly Park strings hesitating. Some cool breakcore action too. Mix is crystal clear. My favourite of the three.
Synplant was the source for a lot of the sounds in this (esp the lazysnake-ish sounds).
SLOWN:
Like the phantomatic voices at the beginning, they sound like they're trapped behind a mirror or something. Love the idea of an upright bass on the beat. Adds some great background growling.
Trapped behind a mirror - thats a brilliant interpretation. The bass was the glue. It's a rearranged sample loop that I decided to not overly effect for the sake of having one element stay familiar/grounded.
INHUMANIZE: like the metallic bounding sounds at the beginning. I feel like the beat is falling on itself and that's great. Like a car crash every second beat or so. This would sell a video game by the bucketload regardless of the game's actual worth! I imagine this in some sort of fast paced race game.
I think I was channeling some fast paced racer game when writing this.
I really wish you found the time for a video tutorial one of these days.
Thats another rabbit hole for me to go down one day. It's easier for me to teach face to face honestly, but I won't shake a stick at trying it someday.

Jazzyspoon wrote: I am moving in a different direction (musically) at the moment
hmmm, whats this?

maybe a little country-western with a touch of samba, with a HUGE steady kick drum? sweeeeet!

:)

22tape wrote:
Jazzyspoon wrote: I am moving in a different direction (musically) at the moment
hmmm, whats this?

maybe a little country-western with a touch of samba, with a HUGE steady kick drum? sweeeeet!

I'm thinking Indonesian robo-folk metal.

Jazzyspoon wrote:
22tape wrote:
hmmm, whats this?

I'm thinking Indonesian robo-folk metal.
:lol:

what direction are you going, if you don't mind me asking?

back to a more guitar/songwriter oriented format for a few tracks.

Jazzyspoon wrote:back to a more guitar/songwriter oriented format for a few tracks.
8)

looking forward to it!

YUM..

In Waves - Wonderful mind (ear?) expanding stuff. Had me riveted throughout.
Some fantastic sounds going on there. A beautiful clear mix as well.
My favourite.

Slown - Very intriguing piece this. Fantastic groove and i love the upright
bass, it's like jazz put through a malfunctioning digital blender.
Brilliant.

Inhumanize - When that beat drops it is huge. Like, pan-galactic huge.

All in all good stuff!

Neil.

macmurphy wrote:YUM..

In Waves - Wonderful mind (ear?) expanding stuff. Had me riveted throughout.
Some fantastic sounds going on there. A beautiful clear mix as well.
My favourite.

Slown - Very intriguing piece this. Fantastic groove and i love the upright
bass, it's like jazz put through a malfunctioning digital blender.
Brilliant.

Inhumanize - When that beat drops it is huge. Like, pan-galactic huge.

Neil.
wow, Neil, thanks for listening to all 3. (that goes for everyone else, too!) Not an easy job, imo. They don't really jive well together as a set or EP, as I find the sway in style a little jarring and have totally understood if anyone took a listen to just one.+
Thanks for the reviews, too. The term "pan-galactic huge" made me smile out loud.

I updated INhumanized to 2inhumanized.
For those that care, does this mix sound better or worse? My ears are blown. I kept the original up in case that one was preferable...there were some details really buggin me in the first one, but I may not have made it better by retweaking it.
2INHUMANIZED - Jazzyspoon

oh boy, Inhumanize is a monstrous, pompous beast of a track, it demands to be turned up loud and then beats you senseless with impeccable timing. It has a massive presence and clarity, something hard to achieve and you say the mix isn't finished?

Return to “Music Cafe”