runagate - I pwn soundstaging

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

runagate - Interoception Bemusement

Can't access my website so hopefully that link works.

Just showing a little demonstration of some next tricks up my sleeve to those who're interested.

1:31 mp3

VST chain:
  • dlM/Sink's new Impakter > runagate PhaseRotor v0.3

Oxytocin > doveraudio nonameyet > RedSkull > arcDev ET-200 > CoFX Revz > 3D Drum Mic Positioner

daHornet > dlM ring thing > Sanford Phaser > SoundScaper > Phasic Interfere > scuzzphut6v2 > SimpliChorus

all that through a bus of Paradigm Shifter > Pluggotic Necroloop > doveraudio Soundkill Semi-Auto

insertpizhere's Mr. Alias 2 > Ohmygod > white label bucketeer > soundhack +compand

master: BuzMaxi3

Link works great. Music is broken ;) Sound great ... thanks for sharing your secrets.

Peace,
Andy.

Nutty! Glad to be hearing your madness once again. :)
Image Image

like listening to someone slowly sweep the dial of an intragalactic radio.

coda! :-)

rachmiel wrote:like listening to someone slowly sweep the dial of an intragalactic radio.

coda! :-)
My thoughts exactly.

There was originally much more to this particular little ditty but I ended up so satisfied with this bit (and mind you not all of the VSTs in question are especially happy with being automated suchwise and I'm lucky it rendered at all!) and the next bit is going to be the one fleshed out.

and thanks poly and zenpunkhippy :) just my way of saying I'm still kickin' around here

:D good to see you back here too...

rachmiel wrote:like listening to someone slowly sweep the dial of an intragalactic radio.
+1

There's almost a drum rhythm to grab onto in there somewhere. Great sound mangling. I don't know which sound is which on thee list, but it all sounds clear and nonabrasive despite the wildly flailing freqs. Thanks for sharing the madness. :)

Jazzyspoon wrote:Thanks for sharing the madness. :)
indeed!

Only thing I recognize is impakter :D

Nice one runny!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

I'm glad you're back, and you're bringing your experimental stuff.

8)

Cheers

Whilst I'm sure you'd be equally indifferent to my 'stuff', I just don't get it (I'm sure this is due to my lack of enlightenment or something). Lacks music. Sorry :)
Last edited by CypherOne on Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds:

alias chain: first sound, "radio tuning" sweeping monophonic synth, outro sound

drums: impakter which goes nuts in the stereo field due to S.E. flanger

bass: oxytocin with some seriously automated dub delay, panned "down and back"

daHornet chain: the majority of the rhythmic morphing in the background

The intro and various other points have tricky wet/dry automation on the glitch/chaos aux bus chain, also automated, responsible for the periodic penetrations of madness and stereo befuddlement

I always forget that listing the VSTs kinda implies that they're just there, operating, static. They're automated (quadcore i7 having not much problem there!) and the effect levels are oftentimes automated.

The trick of getting such disparate effects to gel as though they're naturally occuring, seamlessly, is what I wish I could convey in words. 0:56 and 1:13 make me smile so much 8)

Slug: I still want to collab. Given a brief period without random catastrophes in my life, we shall ;)

J-Spoon: it's just hyperdimensional dub, ya dig?

CypherOne wrote:Whilst I'm sure you'd be equally indifferent to my 'stuff', I just don't get it. Lacks music. Sorry :)
Actually, while I recognize that pretty much everything you make is incredibly well-produced there's ones I like and ones I don't. I've got a "Cypher songs I like" folder. 8) I'm sure we have similar thoughts about one anothers' works: I can't help but imagine what your talent would be like applied to genres I do like lol.

spoken like a true gent/me feels like a c**t..:oops:

CypherOne wrote:spoken like a true gent/me feels like a c**t..:oops:
Bah.

I in no way expect anyone to even remotely relate to what I do. Some people do, so I'm glad to link it to them. Those that don't - it probably bespeaks well of their mental health ;)

My only problem with feedback is that, since basically no one would do what I do anyways I can't really get new techniques nor advice. I hear the unintentional, usually poor-code-related, mix snafus in my audio torture. My online friends who use similar DSP use extremely disimilar techniques to achieve what they do so, though I'm fascinated and have picked up lots of aesthetic influences I can't very well use any of what they do in my workflow because their software isn't even remotely similar.

I'm very, very patiently making my "ideal studio/performance gear set-up" and will have to break the monotony by inflicting sone experimental music on KVR ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”