the continuing ambient jazz fusion stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is some more of the jopy jazz fusion style, sounding more like the live in action jopy band of the mid 1990's than anything else in the jopy setlist.

Streaming:
http://www.jopyjopyjopy.com/public/archives/315

Download:
http://jopyjopyjopy.com/music/Orangutan%20swings.mp3

The details:
Multitracked wah guitars (Epi sheraton-->Vox wah-->sansamp di, various delays)
Bass (Fender fretless jazz w/ tapewound strings-->samsamp di, smallest bit of verb)
Electric piano (Lounge lizard 3 chorus type piano-->various delays)
Some reaktor sequenced percussion
Some battery3 percussion, some heavily treated in reaktor
Everything then through VC64 compressor, perfectspace w/ noisevault studio omnimic impuses, and nebula tape simulator.

except for the drum track, it definitely sounds live. or perhaps recorded live (with minimal overdubbing) in studio. the ensemble feel, spontaneity, density, and melancholia of this made it quite enjoyable for me ... despite the fact that i am not a big fan of jazz fusion. :-)

Thanks for listening rachmiel! Since it was assembled piecewise from all single unedited takes, the dives into dissonance was really not planned but it is sort of an organic response to what the other parts are doing.

Nice, groove laden jazzy stuff, jmeier. There is definitely an improvisational feel to this. It's lower in the mix than I would have made it, but I like the bass work a lot. Cool audio experiments. :)

Nice spacey jazz jopy! Though the bass lines are really pretty I thought the playing could have been more confident and a bit more groovy. Wicked piece though, the guitars are great and I love the wahs.
Image Image

Thanks all for listening. I think I can hear how the bass is too quiet now, for some reason I was overly afraid of the "boom." I'll take a stab at remastering and maybe replaying that part--in the past I've had a proper bass player to work with all the time but transnational communication has put a snag on that so I'm handling those duties myself and I might need to work on getting deeper into the pocket.

Return to “Music Cafe”