Autogun - Imageline's Newest VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Has anyone tried this thing? Supposedly it has 4,294,967,296 presets in an .exe file that's only 4 MB. Yes, that is over 4 billion presets!

Here's the site - http://www.image-line.com/documents/autogun.html (http://www.image-line.com/documents/autogun.html)

I just got Omnisphere which boasts thousands of patches at over 40 GB.

Thoughts anyone?

Rock on! :D
just lindsay

My thought; it better have a lot of presets since you can't program it.
"Music is a hidden arithmetic exercise of the soul, which doesn't know that it is counting." - Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz
---
e to the i pi plus one equals zero

Of course when those are random-generated :)

Polite Company wrote:My thought; it better have a lot of presets since you can't program it.
I downloaded the Autogun and yeah you cannot program it, however, I
believe that you can take patches from Autogun and import them into Ogun
and tweak them from there...I may be completely wrong on that.

I think Autogun is free as on the Image Line page it
doesn't show a price and it doesn't state it is a demo. I've been using Autogun ( mainly just listening to presets..LOL ) for a few weeks now and it appears not to be a demo.

In that case does it have any presets?

I assume this is just a non user controllable version of Ogun

I like the idea of sharing presets, finding them, every user has different presets - it may be hmm funny :) but more seriously I prefer 50 good presets over 5000 average, mediocre.

Say! that looks fun! Thanks!
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

yeah- it's kind of like a 'Multiverse' approach to synthesis- the presets are all possible parameter states- :D

if only they could tack on that old idea that Brian Eno used to talk about- where the synth gives you 10 presets- and you pick the one that is closest to the sound you want- then it gives you 10 more presets close to the first one you picked- and you pick once that is closer- and so on until you get the sound you want

I'm debating about downloading this... I mean it seem like an interesting idea, but I don't even use Ogun.

Has anyone made good use of this yet?

I don't use (sh)ogun ;) too, but actually i'm curious about autogun hehe

aMUSEd wrote:In that case does it have any presets?

I assume this is just a non user controllable version of Ogun
That is correct. Ogun's engine without the controls.

Brent
My host is better than your host

D N A wrote:I don't use (sh)ogun ;) too, but actually i'm curious about autogun hehe
True.. I'm curious too, and after-all it is free.

Hell, i'll download it and see what happens. 8)

setAI wrote:yeah- it's kind of like a 'Multiverse' approach to synthesis- the presets are all possible parameter states- :D

if only they could tack on that old idea that Brian Eno used to talk about- where the synth gives you 10 presets- and you pick the one that is closest to the sound you want- then it gives you 10 more presets close to the first one you picked- and you pick once that is closer- and so on until you get the sound you want
I've always loved this idea from Eno. Why hasn't someone done it???

wesleymayhem wrote:
setAI wrote:yeah- it's kind of like a 'Multiverse' approach to synthesis- the presets are all possible parameter states- :D

I've always loved this idea from Eno. Why hasn't someone done it???
Synplant does this and more.

Brent
My host is better than your host

I love it! I have been checking out the "presets" and found some marvelous ones. :D

Return to “Instruments”