June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who are you? More possible answers:

Bobby_G - Blue Sky -> You are: wandering the open landscape. Rich sounds, very soundtrack-y. Nice flow.

me109 - Too Many Dreams -> You are: a dreamer with plenty of talent in the waking world. Lyrics are cracking me up, and the groove is carrying me along with a smile. Top notch.

knockman - Extracts from my Wikipedia page -> You are: incredibly famous in the alternate universe where you *did* get there first. Lovely concept with your trademark delivery and style.

wavephonic - mysteryman -> You are: an enigma wrapped in a song. Intro reminds me of "Money for nothing" (probably the tom fills and the bass). Nicely atmospheric, good sounds.

oddbod - dreaming -> You are: floating on a cloud. Nice, upbeat pop with plenty of energy. Brings to mind an image of Cary Grant driving around in a convertible, hat completely untouched by the wind. No, I can't explain that.

Psy-T - I Am -> You are: smart, strange, and lazy, apparently. Nicely varied piece, with elements matching your descriptors. Sounding good.

Markleford - i robot (2009) -> You are: coming to kill us all. A lovingly optimistic exploration of the human condition. Nicely put together.

Folderol - This is me -> You are: a collection of disparate elements. Some lovely short pieces - they just need some threads between them to weave them into a more complete fabric.

D.H. Miltz - Walk through it -> You are: a little hard to understand. The vocal distortion may be a bit overdone. Nice energy and drive, liking the lyrics, a good song.

I'm sorry, knockman.

A small suggestion for the july contest. Interpret any of Jacko's songs. Somehow I think we all owe this to him as a respect of what he has done over the years.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Why would you celebrate any artist who shifts 750 million units? You feel sorry for him? Yeah, right...

Besides, he had a lot of help from Duke Ellington's trumpet player.

:-o

Knockers - please add my condolences to the many you have already received, and amid the sorrow, I hope you find time to celebrate a life well lived.

slarti...
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

LauraMichelJarre wrote:Duke Ellington's trumpet player.
:? oh, yeah ! the one who was producing people...
They say he had an orchestra in his living room... :hihi:

Knockman, we feel with you. 8)

I have not a single song of Michael Jackson in my huge collection and it will stay that way I guess... :wink:

CU,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Knockman..sorry you lost your dad..best to you.

8)

Wyatt

sorry for your loss, knockman.
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

thanks for the votes madcow257 and offthewall :)
Echo Voodoo wrote:Psy-T - I Am -> You are: smart, strange, and lazy, apparently. Nicely varied piece, with elements matching your descriptors. Sounding good.
and thanks for listening, EV :)

@madcow257 : Thanks for the vote ! much appreciated.
@Jerru : it sounds like you have Randy California & Spirit in your band ! very nice 8)

Cheers

thanks for the votes echo & laguna :D

Echo Voodoo wrote:Who are you? More possible answers:
Folderol - This is me -> You are: a collection of disparate elements. Some lovely short pieces - they just need some threads between them to weave them into a more complete fabric.
Thanks hugely for this really nice review :oops:

Also, thanks to madcow257. offthewall and Laguna Rising for the votes - very much appreciated :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

So sorry for your loss Knockman :(
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Return to “Music Cafe”