Jazzy R&B

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since i got nowhere with Band in a Box i decided to pick up an Yamaha PSR-S900 arranger keyboard. I needed something to do sketches on the fly and the S900 seemed like a good choice.

Now what you will hear is a ONE TAKE with me performing the damn knobs - buttons-chords in left hand-solo in right hand, and yeah i had to do that take a zillion times heh heh The playing style is chubby and what have you because i'm not used to this playing style at all, so bare with me and just picture a guy sitting with his new S900 and sweating all over ;)

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/MK_HotLove.mp3

Mannn this is hard work :lol: Respect to those guys that pull this off.

/Michael
Last edited by mkastrup on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Well arranged nice tune. good sounds. Most I liked sax sound in the beginning

it feels 80's!!

markkuja wrote:Well arranged nice tune. good sounds. Most I liked sax sound in the beginning
Yep, the Sax in S900 is very smooth :)
Aircrash wrote:it feels 80's!!
and i'm more than halfway to 80 ;) Jeez did i just say that... oohh well i'm proud of my legacy :hihi:

Anyway, if Yamaha ever decides to make a arranger keyboard based on a real synth engine instead of a rompler then it will blow the market.

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Yeah! Good work. Nice piece. :D

One take! Well done Michael. It's groov-eey 8)

Grats on your new toy.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Hot Love baby!!! I'm picturing you sitting at your S900, sweating all over... Lionel Richie is pouring you a Cinzano and mopping your brow... the air is thick with brylcream... there's a mirror ball catching the light... what a heady brew!!

Seriously tho, smooooooooth groooooooove! Nice work for one take on an arranger keyboard. Made me smile :D

Good stuff as always Michael. To me it feels more early nineties than 80s though. It's the choice of sounds making the difference methinks :wink:

Cool !
Since I play live an arranger keyboard myself, I certainly appreciate the effort you've put in this.
And with some experience you'll get better at it.

k

Yes, nice tune!

Arrangement is excellent! I'am not fan of 'synthetic sax'! But the groove is here! So, I love your tune. Keyboard, piano.. Waoow. Really good sound!

Respect!
About chiptune, 8-bit music, chipmusic, audio tracking, trackers, pixel art, VST AU 8-bit plugins...
http://woolyss.com/chipmusic.php

Ethno-dub & groove :
http://www.myspace.com/jerrycoox

That's pretty cool Michael, well done! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Return to “Music Cafe”