scorchaturday_at_113p32bpm (soundtrack-esque)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.taylork.com/psychosis/scorch ... p32bpm.mp3

160kbps mp3, about 8 megs.

Again a work by a guitarist that doesn't have any guitar in it. Strange, I know. Sooner or later I'll get some axe work up here. Recently I've just had too much fun with synths and drum loops and of course default to having piano as an anchor. And for the record, it was 103 outside when making this...a scorching saturday of sorts...and I like that 110-117 bpm zone a little too much.

Until then, a track a few days in the making...a practice palette to learn how to use Ableton Live 7 Lite (m-audio version) with my equipment to do a sorta-live performance thing. Still working on getting things recorded & looped on the fly. In this version I recorded the keys and cropped them into loops not on the fly, and still no guitar or bass. I'm thinking I might need a friend to help run the setup if actually going to do the performance end of it.

Also wondering if I should fork over the money for the full Ableton (yeah, I know I should) with the gear I have (all 3 korg nanos, a line6 kb37 and a basic 66 key midi controller) or save up and get the full version and an Akai APC40 at the same time. Then take a class online or something. Hrmph.

Until then, more practice. Cheers y'all.
Rockstar Guitarist For Hire

Return to “Music Cafe”