The I promise I will not buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

malachy5 wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Totally done for the season. Am I the only one who still hasn't installed all of their new shit?
Finally got there incl lots of updates but Live is crashing a lot on me so something has gone wrong. :dog:

Turns out making music is 80% being a librarian and IT tech, 10% on KVR and slutz, 5% plugging things in and if you're lucky 5% clicking through 1,000 hihat samples. I'm going back to the Volcas and iPad for Xmas to take a break! Gonna load up the sampler with a selection of the Waves Alchemy Synth drums and I'm done. I promise. :pray: :party:
Although the Volca sampler is a little limited, maybe if I had the Electribe sampler and a Kaoss KP3 I wouldn't even need the laptop.... but then there is the Rytm and the Drive pedal from Elektron, so sweet!
:hihi:

Wait! Does it count if they are freebies? Needtobuyneedtobuyneedtobuy. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :scared:

So the real big one was getting pro-r for 150 bucks. Other than that I didn't spend much at all. Pretty good for me.

:)

So after a couple of months of modular spending, ordering a Bastl Kastle and joining in on the Gecho Loopsynth kickstarter... I promise I (probably) won't buy more gear for a little while, except possibly for filling the last 2HP of space in my modular skiff.

Because I'll be saving up for a 0-Coast :hihi:

Thought I was done buying hardware for awhile... then I thought, wouldn't it be nice to replace my MIDI keyboard with an electric piano or something similar? I could use it as a MIDI controller, but also have an actual piano to play.

Ended up buying a refurbished Yamaha DX7s for $450. Perfect condition, great keyboard action, and sounds gorgeous!!! The "crystal piano" patch is exactly what I was looking for in an electric piano. And as a controller, it supports aftertouch, which my m-audio Keystation 61es didn't. All that and a real FM synthesizer in the deal! :tu:

Oh, and I had to pick up the Field Kit kickstarter too for my modular setup. :D

My stuff is all breaking.... My Linnstrument went. I'm having issues with my ztars making them unplayable. My effects processors are showing memory errors (Digitech, Korg) Even though I desperately want another midi controller I'm fixated with Line 6 firehawk FX.

My hours are being cut from work so much so I'm wondering how I can afford rent. And I've got huge, huge medical expense which is causing me to sell off gear I've had for decades. So I should be cured of buying anything in the immediate future... But damn just damn.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

If shipping wasn't so impossibly expensive, again, I'd sell mine on the cheap and it's in excellent condition. But 100 bucks (give or take) shipping is insane. I can take it to GC and get pennies for it w/o the hassle.

not going to buy anything until I've recovered from the soon to be made Matrixbrute purchase....except for fx pedals, they don't count do they?
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

incubus wrote:If shipping wasn't so impossibly expensive, again, I'd sell mine on the cheap and it's in excellent condition. But 100 bucks (give or take) shipping is insane. I can take it to GC and get pennies for it w/o the hassle.
Sell what? I'm trying to find something cheap, I need my fix!!!

werp wrote:not going to buy anything until I've recovered from the soon to be made Matrixbrute purchase....except for fx pedals, they don't count do they?
Matrixbrute isn't anything really, it doesn't count :ud:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I never make that promise, its always a lie in my case.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

DJ Warmonger wrote:
werp wrote:not going to buy anything until I've recovered from the soon to be made Matrixbrute purchase....except for fx pedals, they don't count do they?
Matrixbrute isn't anything really, it doesn't count :ud:
you & I would get on really, really, well :^D
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Forgive me father, for I have purchased. It has been 5 days since my last plugin purchase. I didn't need it but I wanted it. Now I am tempted by another. She is beautiful and I want her so bad. But I already have so many. Please help.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

ghettosynth wrote:
incubus wrote:If shipping wasn't so impossibly expensive, again, I'd sell mine on the cheap and it's in excellent condition. But 100 bucks (give or take) shipping is insane. I can take it to GC and get pennies for it w/o the hassle.
Sell what? I'm trying to find something cheap, I need my fix!!!
I was talking to Mike 'cause I know he want's a firehawk.

But seriously, how can anyone afford to ship anything these days? It's insane.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”