Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Playing with the demo right now (been a while since I played with Bazille) and it was destroying my CPU with 4 note chords. Then I switched on multicore, and it actually used *less* CPU and everything ran fine. Weird? Sounds great though.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Not weird - multicore option is there to reduce the CPU usage. :)

So I jumped the gun and bought it :love:

Seems that the prices are not following the recent currency conversion rates, as €63 is something like $82 now, it was a good time to buy it 8)

looks like I've found a bug and couldn't see any previous reference to it in the forum

I'm running revision 2570, in reaper and ableton

When the oscillators are set to Hertz mode they are running an octave up from their settings. i.e. if I set the Tune to 10Hz and the Modify to 4 x multiply then the oscillator should be 40Hz, but it comes out at 80Hz instead. I have tried this at several sample rates and makes no difference.Have tried the same setting in Ace and that works fine.

I've also noticed a lot of aliasing if I modulate 2 oscillators together at high frequencies, when working at a sampling rate of 44.1K, no issue when running at 96k, sounds as if there is not enough oversampling going on.

That aside its all a lot of fun

The GP skin is faboulous, looks beautiful and easy access to all parameters :tu:

Deselectig the HQ seeting, also makes Bazille bearable for my older CPU (i3)

I know it is late in the game, but I'd like to make one or two suggestions for an improvement to Bazille, which (I believe) would be quick to implement, and make it much more interesting for some users... well, me at the very least.

It just would be the addition of another envelope trigger: allow some envelopes to be gated by a chosen CC#. Say gate on when said CC is above 64. Actually you could have two versions of that option, one-shot and looping. Obviously this option should be disabled on the envelope that controls volume.

Although this option would probably be used more in monophonic mode, it is perfectly compatible with polyphony.

Another suggestion is to be able to trigger an envelope on keyup. This should also be easy to implement, shouldn't it?

And now we're at it, what about allowing resyncing an LFO on such a trigger CC?

Electronic music performance is about shaping sound, and right now in most VST synths the only event that's precisely defined in time is the keydown. Everything else that's sharp and snappy (delayed envelopes, sequencer events...) depends directly on that single event.

The option I'm proposing can already be simulated in Bazille, up to a degree and at considerable cost, provided CCs are not too smoothed out. I have to shamefully admit I haven't had time to try out Bazille yet, but I will do it later this week.

Yeah, more triggers... got it in the back of my mind, but need some free space to implement :)

I wonder which level of black magic could be achieved with a comb filter in Bazille… ;o
Brzzzzzzt.

There are some really lovely patches by HS in the upcoming release! Here's some proof, I think... All Bazille, except for a couple of drum loops (Logic stock):

https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/petridishromance

Return to “u-he”