Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sprnva wrote:The NRG sound library for SampleTank 3 is free for a week.
Please post cool things like this to the main deals page. :)

TheKid wrote:Melodyne deals please!
We have a leftover Melodyne Studio Upgrade from Editor license left over from the last sale.

hivkorn wrote:When will end the FXPANSION upgrade sale ?
April 30

:tu: thx Uncle E :)

Uncle E wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:Quick Q: Hasn't it been a while since Native Instruments has had an across-the-board 50%/deep discount sale? I'd love to up my K10ult->K11ult, but 400 is just too high -
I don't think they have a sale planned for April. I think the last sale on Komplete Upgrades was June of 2016.
Thanks for the 'heads up' Uncle E!

A couple of more quick questions if you don't mind:

1.) Would love to up my izotope RX3 adv to RX5 adv - is it possible that an upgrade sale for that will happen once their current sale ends?

2.) This is of a technical nature, but others may find this valuable:

Waldorf switched from synchrosoft to serials - and is erasing their software keys off of dongles! It happened to my Largo license - scared the sh&t out of me, until I went to their website.

Problem is that you need the original activation code to convert - after hours of searching through email archives, I cannot find the email for the activation code for my PPG 3.V. it's probably only time until they do to my 3.V license what they did to Largo -

I've already sent them a support email explaining - no response!

This could affect a lot of people - any suggestions?

Thank-you, sir!

- GA

goldenanalog wrote:Waldorf switched from synchrosoft to serials - and is erasing their software keys off of dongles!
Not my experience. I still have the license key on my dongle even though I did the upgrade. The new software versions only accept the serial though. If you want to continue to use the license on the dongle my understanding is that you need to keep the old software version on your system.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:Waldorf switched from synchrosoft to serials - and is erasing their software keys off of dongles!
Not my experience. I still have the license key on my dongle even though I did the upgrade. The new software versions only accept the serial though. If you want to continue to use the license on the dongle my understanding is that you need to keep the old software version on your system.
There's no question that the Largo license was erased off of my synchrosoft​ dongle, mgw38. None.

It'll likely happen to your dongle-based Waldorf licenses as well, mgw38 - I can't believe in any way shape or form that I was singled out - it's just a question of when - maybe as soon as Waldorf feels as though they have sans-dongle versions that are stable enough - who knows?

Bottom line: it doesn't do any good to keep a syncro-based software on a computer if the license has been erased -

Appreciate your input, though!

- GA

goldenanalog wrote:There's no question that the Largo license was erased off of my synchrosoft​ dongle, mgw38. None.

It'll likely happen to your dongle-based Waldorf licenses as well, mgw38 - I can't believe in any way shape or form that I was singled out - it's just a question of when - maybe as soon as Waldorf feels as though they have sans-dongle versions that are stable enough - who knows?
Tried to replicate your experience and could not get the licenses deleted from my eLicenser no matter what I tried. Maybe a freak coincidence with a hardware failure? There is also a quite extensive thread on the new licensing system here at KVR and nobody mentioned the issue you had. Seems quite unlikely that nobody would complain. Just saying.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=479390
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:There's no question that the Largo license was erased off of my synchrosoft​ dongle, mgw38. None.

Tried to replicate your experience and could not get the licenses deleted from my eLicenser no matter what I tried. Maybe a freak coincidence with a hardware failure? There is also a quite extensive thread on the new licensing system here at KVR and nobody mentioned the issue you had. Seems quite unlikely that nobody would complain. Just saying.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=479390
Super-valuable thread, mgw38 - thanks for that! :tu:

I really hope that I'm flat-out wrong and it is just a hardware failure of the synchro, like you suggested - but I don't think so:

The dongle is still populated w/other licenses - why would just the (1) disappear? That's confusing!

What the thread that you embedded a link for in your post seems to imply that an email to support will get the end user a new code - very encouraging - but what if the license is erased from the dongle like Largo was (it happened) before I can lock one in?

My message to support so far has gone unheeded, mgw38 -

Anyway: Thanks again for posting the thread link, mgw38 - greatly appreciated!

- GA

mgw38 wrote:Tried to replicate your experience and could not get the licenses deleted from my eLicenser no matter what I tried.
Thanks for your efforts in this regard as well, mgw38! :hug:

boz digital labs sasquatch 80% off. (cost $20)
I'd never heard about it.
But I've just demoed it now. It is very nice plugin!

Gearogs is expanding to become also a market place for audio equipment

Discogs is the parent of Gearogs, and what is good with that compared to ebay, is that it doesn't cost anything to list an item for sale. You pay a percentage fee if and when the item is sold.

So unlike ebay where you have to pay whether or not an item is sold, and a listing ends in a couple of weeks. It costs nothing to list an item on Discogs and the item can stay listed for as long as the seller wants:

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=38519

machinesworking wrote:IMO, and I know it's just an opinion, but FXpansion would have gotten a lot more money from me if they didn't offer their upgrades at near the same price as their introductory prices.
Judging by how many people have been buying the Geist Upgrade at the current sale, I'd say the majority of people feel the same. I think a lot of people bought it for $99 right before Geist 2 came out and then didn't want to pay to upgrade.
I bought GURU when it came out, and Geist upgrade was not much better than introductory price. I actually bought a separate license to Geist because the upgrade was more expensive than a sale later in the year...
Well, in fairness, Geist is a vastly different and improved product from Guru.
Now, I have Maschine, SparkLE, Push 2, hardware along with software drum machines. I'll probably get Geist 2 at this price, but because it didn't have dedicated hardware and Spark came with the V Collection, I just picked up SprkLE hardware for the same price as the upgrade to Geist 2 cost..
FWIW, the Geist Upgrade is the same price as the Maschine Upgrade and less than Ableton Upgrades.
It's a shame really, I think in terms of the sequencer FXPansion beat all of them, but it would be nice if there was dedicated hardware and great upgrade offers. Better late than never I guess.
Maybe now being part of ROLI, FXpansion will become more hardware-oriented.

nicksohn wrote:Sonimus burnley 73 at $49 until tomorrow.
It is the best 1073 emu i've ever seen.
Ah, I wish I'd seen this in the main deals thread, I would have bought it. It's my fault for not visiting this thread enough.

do_androids_dream wrote:So how long do these JRR shop serials take to come through on average? Ordered the RX Plugin pack a while ago.
We usually deliver licenses either immediately (if it's a hot product that we loaded up on), within 1-2 hours (if it's a slower product but we're available to manually order it), or within 8 hours (if it's a slower product and the middle of the night in California). There are a few products that can sometimes take longer to order during weekends or where we need to get boxes shipped from the manufacturers but that's really rare these days.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”